Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding in your hit?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sparky 6, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I notice in Youtube vids that young guys these days aren't holding in the hits like I did at their age and still do. Is that an old school technique now or what?

2. I would just say that the kids in those videos are soft...i think most of the true smokers in the younger generation can hold their own.

3. Nah man, I still hold my hits in as long as I can. Most kids these days try to be cool and try to do tricks with the smoke. Just a waiste imo.

4. Ive also noticed tht when people smoke blunts as opposed to bowls, they dont hold their hits as long? Im guessing its because theyre gunna get more hits from the blunt so they dont need to hold it as long, but I hold it no matter what.

5. Its not necessary to hold a hit more than 5 seconds. Anything longer just builds up tar in your lungs. THC is absorbed almost instantaly. I have never seen any scientific back up for this but I would surprised if its false.

6. cuz it looks like more smoke when not held in for very long. fuckin showy youtube kidz.

7. Yeah actually as soon as I posted this I realized that's what it is- they just want to show what kind of hit their rig delivers, which is cool actually if you're shopping for a piece.

8. Man nothing bothers me more than people who can't hold in their hits...they inhale and exhale immediately. Wtf it's weed man not a cigarette. 5 second rule.

9. i take a pull and i hold it till my lungs give out i never waste weed

10. i think 3 seconds is all your lungs need to absorb everything tis going to from the hit I cokld be wrong tho..

11. No you are right lol It's 3-5 seconds. Holding it in longer than that is pointless. You're just depriving your brain from oxygen at that point.

12. I believe most things are absorbed nearly instantaneously so I don't know why you guys give so much shit to them for not holding it in, they really aren't wasting anything, I usually hold it in for 2-3 seconds and then I hit again, I see no point in holding it in any longer don't need to show off my desensitized lungs like it proves my penis size or something.

13. No, it's true. You only need to hold a hit in for 3-4 seconds. Any longer than that and you're just depriving your brain of oxygen which makes you think you're getting higher.

14. shit i always hold it in unless i dont want to be ripped at that point in time then i just take smaller hits.

15. Chicago, play it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. QFT
    +rep

17. nah im young and usually hold my hits as long as i can Unless im sick or something than i just try not to cough instead of worrying on holding the hit in

18. Yeah for sure. I've seen people I smoke with try and blow o's and its like, you just wasted my bud for that?

Ill admit though, the more high I get, the less I'll hold. After that 3rd/4th bowl I get super lazy, and usually by then my throat is charred as hell, but to me and hits a hit.

But yeah, first hits/bowl I try to hold deep.

19. the youtube kids just suck. i'm nineteen and i hold that milk in until i gag or it's barely there. :p

20. Holding it in longer than 15 seconds really doesn't do anything... maybe except damage ur lungs a little more... most tha thc gets absorbed pretty quick... but to each their own... whatever works for u..

Keep it Lit