Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Holding in Hits

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ontarios, Aug 1, 2011.

1. It doesn't make you higher but your body absorbs less oxygen so you feel higher or lightheaded afterwards

2. you rip a bong, the right way.... it's damn near impossible to hold in for more than 4-6 seconds... i'd say your getting the most out of your weed this way.... that milking a bong.. then blowing it out, then clearing it crap.. is more of a waste...

3. anyone who doesnt believe that... try hitting a gravity bong or equivalent, which FORCES you to take a huge hit (if you do it right) and tell me you dont get higher, than say... a spoon, which directly lets you fill your lungs to desired capacity.. yeah.. the more THC, into your lungs at once/in your lungs as long as possible = the highest you can get (least wasted thc)

4. No, coughing is what happens when you take too big of a hit.

5. Ahh this was a really smooth milky hit ! Oh wait Wiz Khalifa told me to cough so now i'am going to cough. [​IMG]

6. Whenever I'm trying to conserve the last of my bud I'll hold in my hits for like 10-15 seconds and it really seems to get me higher.

7. Anywhere from 10 to 15 seconds... it really does make a big difference.

8. Is bad for you. But will get you higher.

9. Doesn't wiz only smoke joints or something. I usually only cough after a huge bong or pipe hit.

10. I watched a Documentary and it said if you hold your hit in excess of 15 sec the amount of tar absorbed is 4 times that of a cigarette. Under 7 sec the amount absorbed is almost nothing.

11. I hold in my hits for 2-3 seconds max... and I still get fucken blown from .1 from my vaporizer.

12. Hold ur hit, not holding ur hit, it doesn't matter... People might call you a bitch for caughing, but caughing gets you more high than just holding it in.. Caughing does so much for you.

13. It's COUGHING! Lol sorry, I thought it was a typo, but damn, how can you not spell when everyone else is spelling it out right!? Lol sorry!

14. Why is everyone hating on wiz???

15. another + for holding it in about 10 second

16. I believe I read awhile back in some scientific write up about the volcano that after 7 seconds your lungs have absorbed as much thc as possible.... and of course " you gotta cough to get off!!"

17. exactly.. you ARE inhaling burning plant material into your lungs, which would induce some coughing.. all wiz is trying to say is basically "if you aint coughin, you aint smoking good ass weed" simply cus more potent shit is gonna rip your lungs harder.

"YOU COUGH UR A LIL BITCH" ... lmao?

18. #38 SoCali, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I agree man any half-decent Cali bud will induce coughing, if you smoke shitty mids of course you won't cough an that ain't really smokin weed *****!

Yeah that last bit sounds like insecure egotistical bullshit.. If you need to cough you cough, I've known people who brag about not coughing on big hits, it's like bragging about the distance you made with your piss stream that time you were drunk; sad. I hold mine for 6 or 7 seconds or else I'll feel like I underutilized the tokes... 9 if I REALLY like the smoke ;)

19. i just hold it for about 2-3 seconds more out of habit than anything..... seems to work ok for me

20. I thought shwag was harsh and makes you cough alot. I thought dank was suppose to be smooth. I smoke high mids mostly and I cough every few hits.