Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

holding hits in for 10+ seconds DOES get you higher

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Gerald92, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i always see people on here saying that holding hits in for more than five seconds is a waste, because all the thc is absorbed into your body within a few seconds. however, ive noticed that when i hold in hits for 10+ seconds, i do in fact get higher. im pretty sure this is because oxygen is deprived in your brain when you hold in hits this long, which makes you lightheaded and increases your high. im sure some people on here will say this is retarded, but i think its a great way to conserve weed. i can get ripped off 2 or 3 hits of dank if i hold in the hits for 10+ seconds, instead of having to take 5 or more hits to get to that level.

2. I doubt that they say its a waste, but holding in your hits that long is horrible for you

3. Your health is a lot more important then a few bucks man.

4. Why would you purposely cause more brain cell death by depriving yourself of oxygen then what is necessary? Holding in the smoke for that long, just lets the tar and shit to settle in your lungs.

5. It takes 4-6 minutes of no oxygen for your brain cells to die.

6. weed doesnt kill brain cells. and its not like im suffocating myself, just holding my smoke in to the point where i maybe get a little lightheaded.

7. I hear if you slam your head into a brick wall as hard as you can 10 times, you will get higher than you ever have in your life

8. :rolleyes: way to equate what i said with something completely different.

9. You get deprived of oxygen and get more tar on your lungs , why would you ever do that

10. I agree with you. The longer its in your body, the more thc is absorbed and you do get higher. or the headrush makes you higher. Either way you do get higher.

I disagree with all these stupid fucking retards that say holding it in long is a health risk and tar is just building up in your lungs. Your smoking either way. weather you hold the hit in for 1 second or 10 seconds, its still in your body. The smoke does not turn into poison if you hold it in a few seconds longer.

11. here we go again lol...

there's no need to hold in your hits for a long time.
    but people think there is and it gets you higher.

so if you're one of the people who thinks it does then just hold it in for as long as you can. cause after all you're just trying to get high, right?

but personally i'd rather spare my lungs since i'm already putting smoke in them

12. To start off, dont call us 'stupid fucking retards' as im most certainly more educated than you are. If you constantly ghost your hits, you might as well take a mallet to your lungs.

13. This^

14. ^^ I came off as a dick. But Holding it in for 10 seconds is not damaging your lungs though. its only 10 seconds. Whats the difference between holding your breath underwater and holding your breath filled with weed smoke?

The tar is entering your body either way is what im getting at. And the extra 10 seconds the tar stays in your body is not life threating.

15. OP is correct, thats why I hold my hits in so long so that when I exhale no smoke comes out, and i keep sucking in air to make all the smoke go all the way into my lungs, I conserve more bud and get way more fucking stoned but hey I have been smoking that way for 10 years it truly is the only good way to smoke.

It getsyou way more fuking stoned too, and it dont kill brain cells whoever said that should take a mallet to their lungs.

16. All Thc is absorbed into your body with in 5 -7 seconds of when the smoke enters.. Holding the hit in any longer then that will deprive your lungs of oxygen.. Witch is causing harm to your body. So it's okay if you think were all "stupid fucking retards" because you're the only one making yourself look ignorant and stupid. Peace out. tough guy..

17. Yah but if you think about it it all adds up, 10 seconds for a hit. However many sessions you take in a session multiply that by 10, thats minutes of smoke in your lungs

18. So glad that pic got deleted. completely unnecessary

19. Sorry for the double post I didn't see this.. But yeah we all know its not life threatening.. But it does cause more unnecessary harm to you.

20. The way I think of it is... If your going to smoke, why worry about if the smoke is harming you from the way your smoking it? I understand where everyone is coming from but its all un-nessecary stuff to be thinking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.