Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hold your hit in!!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by krazy92, Sep 21, 2008.

1. I have been smokin pretty steadily for 6 months. We always would hold our hit in for 5 seconds. For some reason without us knowing (btw us is me and my 2 friends) we stopped holding it is. We were smoking our bowls/blunts/bongs/etc like a cigarette.

It was until last night I am hitting a blunt and go, "(NAME) before you exhale count to 5." He looks at me like wtf are you talking about. So we do it throughout the blunt. We get about 3/4s of the way through it and we are so blitzed we can't finish it. Usually we smoke a bout 2 blunts between the both of us to get this high.

So the point I am trying to make is, don't get careless and not hold your shit in. It makes a big big diffrence. After 5 seconds though it is completly poinltess.

2. really cuz i thought if you dont inhale it at all you still get high:bolt:

3. Don't have to be a smartass man. Everyone knows to hold your hit in. I figured it might have slipped someones mind like it did with me. If it wasnt for a post I read on here id still be smoking it like a cig.

4. First time I smoked I did not hold my hits in.

5. #5 Iluvatar, Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
    Yeah chill nick, this is apprentice tokers. I could see how someone would make that mistake

6. this thread is in the right place, so you really can't hate on him.

yeah, after about 3-5 seconds your lungs have absorbed all the THC they're going to.

7. yeah. i always used to hold my hits for like 15 sec.
    til i learned (thanks to GC:gc_rocks:) that all the THC gets absorbed in about 5 sec.

8. That was actually directed toward nick not the OP my bad

9. Idk, I know you get higher if you hold it in but after awhile I've found I would rather just smoke more if I have it to get the same high, and it's more comfortable.
    But by holding it in I mean 10 seconds five is easy and still feels good.

10. You don't need to, I usually take a big toke and hold it in for like a second or two than let it out and still get faded.

11. 7 seconds works for me

12. I just hold it 'till it gets uncomfortable, count to five, then let it out. But you gotta hold that shit in.

13. great post for apprentice smokers, i cant tell u how many times ive smoked with people, and they dont know to hold it in, its so wasteful....

14. I prefer to hold it in as long as possible. Just let little bits out every few seconds and inhale some fresh air. This way your lungs aren't trashed, and you can make one hit last a good while.

15. haha I used to do that too.. until i realized it was just killing my lungs.

16. i could understand not inhaling right when you first start smokin

but i don't see how you can forget how to inhale after smoking for 6 months.

17. 3 seconds or 2 short "breaths in" is ALL you need.

18. Hahaha no dude, I inhaled, but I smoked it like a cigarette. By that I mean id inhale then instantly exhale.

My point of this thread was so people would look at it and go "Oh shit, I havnt been holding my smoke in, im going to try that"

Before I even started smoking weed I knew you were suppose to hold it in. I just got careless and dumb.

19. I once held a hit in till I almost passed out.:bongin:

20. no shit. I used to not hold it in that long either like maye 2 or 3 seconds now im holdin that sucker in till im about to choke then i let it out haha