HoKuSPoKuS420 : Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by HoKuSPoKuS420, Sep 8, 2003.

1. its gonna be in the attic right? so why does it have to be stealth? why would your friends go inthe attic anywway? and its gonna be a little hard to make a ox that big stealth, with out spending loads of money.

2. The attic will be my room, that's why friends would be there, It will be in the big walk in closet behind all the clothes and bull crap, so i guess they dont need to be in my closet eh ? Like i said im getting a 4th room put in the attic for myself.

3. Go to home depot and pick op a big cabnet you can put in there. Or have 2 and put them together and take out the sides between them so its one big box.

4. And you only need fans on the exhaust side, it will suck in its own air and because your sucking air out no air cna get out so smell wont be a problem as long as the fans blow into a carbon scrubber then outside.

5. I'll be building my grow box soon so im germinating 2 seeds in a small cabinet. Its about hm 1'x1'3"x2' I got a small light in there dunno that wattage but it is a small space so im sure it will do fine for now.

6. Is it a Compact floro? I hope you know you can't use a normal round lightbulb. It has to be a CF, buy 2-3 daylight spectrum bulbs for the best veg.

7. It's a Floro but i dont know what kind... Its got 3 prongs on it and at the end it spirals on eachother.

8. I found it in the closet in the basement

9. Later tonight im planning on moving them into a Larger Rubber maid Tub The cabinet leaks light and i cant get it to stop. Tried everything.. Wouldnt want someone looking where they dont belong becuz they see light.

10. eletrical tape works well for short term light stoping, then buy some caulking amd weatherstrip to seal it for good.

11. or duct tpae, or aluminum heat tape

12. Heat tape is good but duct tape leaks light and glows a bit.

13. i'm talking about the professional black kind. thats the only type i use. its more expensive, but it worth the extra money. its thicker, stronger, and doesnt tear as easily (and blocks light with 1 wrap.:))

14. Ok, There's been a change of plans!

The origional plan was to just build a grow box in my attic, UNTIL me and a buddy of mine got stoned out of our minds and was talking about his new property with an ass load of woods,

The new plan: Dig a Hole (LxWxH) 12x10x7 Put up walls yadie yah. and just grow in there, Underground. We could grow alot more plants and be alot more secure.

Anyone know about underground growing? I know underground stays cool no matter what the temp is upstairs. We have really hot summers and really cold winters if that means anything.

15. IOve thoughht of growing underground in the woods before then i realized i can just plant them outdoors and they grow big and yeild big. if you really want to grow undergrou nd make shure theres no rock and dig a smaller hole first about 8' deep to make shure. and make shure to put it in a spot where the water dosent drain to. Start with your grow indoors, do a few harvests, then try the underground. How do you plan on powering the underground box?

16. His dad is an electrician... Problem solved hehe.. I know nothing about the electric. But My friend was talking about having the Box about 10' from their garage and just running underground to the room. Oh the watter part, We will be digging it Ontop of a hill like thing so all the watter will run off pretty much. After we get the Room dug, we will buidl the room with wood and then Put Tarp or something to weather proof the whole idea.

17. use some watersealing paint. And have automating float activated pumps at the floors in case of flood. Good luck man any promplems with design ask!