Hockey

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ZihgZag, Nov 27, 2010.

1. After thinking about it for awhile I honestly think hockey is the best major sport. It's fast paced, takes lots of skill and incorporates all the best things from all the different sports.

It has the contact of football, the shooting skill of basketball and soccer, the fast paced non stop action of basketball and all while being on skates.

Football has the contact, but there aren't any shooting skill involved. Your main goal is just getting into the endzone. In basketball there's shooting skill but there's no permanent person in your way you have to beat to score (Goalie). Soccer has a goalie, but the nets are much larger than hockey and they run to the goals, hockey adds the extra challenge of being on ice while you do all of this.

There's more fights in hockey, football has hits but rarely if ever will you see two players rip of their helmets and start beating the shit out of eachother. This is probably because there's 11 players on each team ready to break up fights immediately on fear of a penalty.

In my opinion there's no other sport that can compete with hockey's fast paced action, player skill, and entertainment.

Most people can't even play hockey because of the fact it involved ice skating. I can't play myself, but I tear it up in floor hockey. By far the most fun sport I've played

2. i beat a puck

to my mother's face

once before

but it didn't work out

cuz she's dead

3. I've lived in Colorado my whole life

4. There's nothing like some good old puck.

5. Hockey is just the shit. I love floor hockey!! We used to play it all the time when I was in high school, but we got too into it sometimes and ruined it. I also like smoking and watching hockey, or playing it, lol.

6. Can't help but agree :p

7. Hockey isn't a TV friendly sport. The puck moves too fast, you can't even see it half the time. I do enjoy Hockey though. College hockey is the shit.

8. This. I only ever really enjoy hockey in person... and yeah, it's definitely my favorite sport to watch. Never did understand the interest in football... :confused:

9. If you're looking for fast paced, basketball may be the best "TV friendly sport"

10. Except for the fact that the final 2 minutes of a close game take about half an hour real time.

I agree with the OP hockey is fucking awesome. Skating allows players to move much faster than running, so naturally the hits are bigger than any other sport out there. Hockey players are generally much less selfish than NBA, NFL, or MLB players. Not only because they make less money, but due to the nature of the game itself. It's a rare occurrence when any individual player can carry a team on his back for more than a few games a year. Any player can score that game winning goal on any given night. Nobody sits on the bench all game. If your dressed, your playing. It's just a damn great sport that doesn't get the attention it deserves.

11. IMO.

Best Sport to Watch: Hockey
    Best Sport to Play: Football
    Best Sport to be Amazing at: Basketball (cause all you need is a ball and a hoop. :smoking:)

:smoking:

12. Flip football and hockey and replace bball with golf.

13. #14 rhinoceros420, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
    Some NFL Hits get massive.

uhhhh, ALEXANDER OVECHKIN?!?!?

Agree with golf but nothing else. Footballs just waay too much fun and hockey arenas are a good place to get hammed and watch a game. hahh

14. No shit, Sherlock. Doesn't disprove my argument at all though. NHL hits are less frequent but more violent than NFL hits. Football is a contact sport. Hockey is a collision sport.

Apparently you didn't see the "RARE OCCURENCE" part. Guys like Ovy, Crosby, Stamkos, etc. are generational talents, and even they can't take over games on a nightly basis the way that Kobe, Durant, Peyton Manning, Chris Johnson, etc can.

You've never played competitive ice hockey.

15. Much love Blunt

Hell yeah man, I can't skate so I'm stuck with floor hockey. Not like I care, it's still fun as shit. Handling the puck with a stick adds an extra dimension to the norm

That's true, they tried to experiment with a puck that sent out an infrared signal that showed up in the TV camera and made it easier to see. Fans didn't like it though and they switched back.

16. Couldn't have put it better :smoke:

Idk man, I just got out of playing football, people are arrogant assholes and the game itself ain't that much fun. Too much technicalities and shit to remember and not enough actual playing.

30 seconds of lining up, 5-15 seconds of playing, rinse and repeat

17. Hockey is definately the shit.

And even Ovie doesn't carry the caps... backstrom, green, semin, etc. One big star cannot make up for a bad team in hockey, that's why I love it. It's the best team sport

18. I agree with ZihgZag. I mean, as an American, I bought in the whole NFL hype for awhile but I really got sick and tired of watching games that last 3-3.5+ hours...every time. Hockey games are shorter, more exciting and just more fun all around. I disagree that it's hard to watch on TV though. Seeing it live is always the best option but TV isn't terrible. :hello:

19. its real easy to see the puck on TV how high are yall whhen watchin hockey??