Hockey Rivalry- Penguins Vs. Flyers

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by thedon420, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Congrats, you suck less than you did a little while ago.... :hello:

I'm not saying the Flyers are up to winning the cup this year, but the Pens are embarassing the way they've been playing when they have 2 of the top 5 forwards in the league, and one of the top 10 (at least) goalies.

2. 4 points behint the flyers, we're catching up, I'll laugh so hard if we finish ahead of you in the standings. almost every team falls apart at some point in the season, but with the loss of Gonchar, Zigomanis, and Boucher, our slump was a lot longer and worse. with all that firepower up front, it's never going to work if there's no one on the point to support.
    The Pens had that slump bacause of a lack of balance between offense and defense. the Flyers ingeries allowed those assholes to maintain that balance inspite of losing their most talented player for a while. If the Pens would'we lost Malkin, and Boucher, and Philly would'we lost Kukonnen, and Coburn, the probably wouldn've made the playoffs, ant the Pens would be battling with Boston for the top of the East.

3. i forget, are standings and rankings based on theoreticals and what-ifs, or what actually happens?....

then lets not waste our time on that. :) its a poor excuse for having an underachieving team.

4. but having no good defensemen who are healthy enough to play is a legit excuse for an underachieving team, and what the hell are you talking about in text? the standings are based on wins and losses, not potential to win

5. ^ I think he knows that dude...sarcasm.:smoke:

6. oops, I misread that, but all I did was reversed the situation both teams where in

7. yes, and the flyers are better than the penguins. it doesn't matter that the pens have had players hurt... everyone has hurt players. the fact is p-burgh has been choking on a big one all season and is just now playing better. not that i would like to face them in the playoffs... :eek:

8. Caps all the way

9. #49 thedon420, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009

pussy, you wouldn't want to face a clearly superior team, and it's hard to win without defense, that's what we where missing through that slump, now our defense is back, and we're 5-0 on a road trip against Chicago, and the Caps, and a shitty team that is almost all ex penguins (tempa). IF the Pens are so shitty, why is Philly 1 and 4 against them? does that mean that the Flyers are even shittier their fans think their main rival is?

10. who the hell invited you? :)

11. sorry to triple post, but I don't want anyone to edit their post and pussout, z-dubb, feel free to quote for the same reason, it's set in stone

12. Don, there is one thing about our deal I'd like to change. Since I prob won't be at a computer all off season, how about we just make it, "the loser must say whatever the winner wants, and they are allowed to flaunt it in their sigs." I think thats fair

13. sounds fair

14. I cant believe you guys beat the panthers the other night!

15. how 'bout that boston Game, and I was worried for a bit, Pens are only 2 points behind philly now

16. This Sundaay, can't wait.

17. appearently that was a good game (aside from the outcome), but I missed it because of work, still Flyers 2-4 against Pittsburgh

18. Penguins and Flyers first round of the playoffs, this is going to be good

19. I agree Don, I guess that are bet will be over real quick lolz

20. Too bad the flyers are out in 5. Pens are gone in the second round though.:wave: