Hobbies? - I need one.

Discussion in 'General' started by What'sThatSmell, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Hobbies

What do you do to occupy your time? Do you shoot hoops, draw pictures, bike, repair automobiles, play football, perhaps refine your rolling technique? I ask this because at the moment I am nearly hobby-less. Mainly because I've entered the last part of my teenage years with no future plans, hoping it will all fall into place in the next year or so. However I no longer have much to do to occupy my time productively.

When I get home in the evenings I simply waste my time away on MSN whilst playing pointless RPG games (The only games I could find that make me feel like I'm accomplishing anything). However that is not very chilling, it's not in-depth and it doesn't help me improve any of my skills except for my perfected typing skills. I need something to do. I want to do something with my time that I can admit to, something that I can do while stoned would be the obvious perk. Currently when a person asks me what I do with my free time I say "Uh, I dunno, I hang out with my friends, go to movies and get blasted.." Which of course is a pretty lack-luster response and doesn't spark any interesting conversations.

So I need some ideas on a cheap (I mean it, I'm down to dollars and dimes) hobby that I can build upon.

I was thinking about sketching, but my drawing skills are pretty shit at the moment, I cover up my inability to sketch object dimensions by over-shading.

Something that could get me outside is probably a good thing too, I do enjoy the outdoors.

Enough of my rant, what do you do with your spare time?

2. Disc golf (I randomly got into it and have never stopped, it's great to watch your game improve)
    Running
    Playing guitar

3. I play a lot of chess. I used to play tournaments. it's definately something you can improve on for years to come.

I suggest you try lots of things. just go out once a week or so and try something new. you'll find something you enjoy doing.

4. Two words:

Compulsive masturbation.

5. hee hee, mama said if I keep that up I'd go blind. I asked her, " can I do it till I need glasses"?

6. In the 10 minutes a day you will find you are not doing this, I recommend gardening if you can liberate any yard space from your mom. Reading is always a great hobby and will open you up to more and more hobbies. Running was mentioned above, but I wanted to mention that running (or any aerobic exercise) has the added benefit of having positive effects on every aspect of your life. Cooking is also a fantastic (if pricey) hobby. Just pick up a good cookbook or some recipes off the 'net and you will find yourself gaining 30 pounds in 3 months :D

7. Well in my free time i like to smoke herb, and when im not smoking herb, im eating, or smoking more herb with a friend. shit and their is that thing called a job

8. Well yeah I do that basically.

But I want more out of life.

9. i don't understand, whats wrong with just sitting around accomplishing nothing? After work and school I just wanna sit down and do nothing at all. Hobbies are good though, fishing, building shit, model cars, working out. there's always a way too occupy time.

10. ^^Disc golf sounds like a good hobby for you, its cheap (Free to play) discs are like 8-20 bucks a piece at dicks, you get outside which is always nice lots of people to meet and you can get high while ya play :D

Running is also a good hobby makes ya feel good.

I do alot of random stuff, get up and take a walk in the woods take a bowl and your set, meditating in the woods is nice.

Take up baking or cooking, nothing more satisfying then sitting down to some good ganja muffins :D

Learn more about cannabis, sit down and read information about it, learn about growing and all the different methods, learn about cooking with cannabis.

All kind of things to do, you have hobby's already I'm sure, you like to smoke so learn more about it make it an actual hobby not just something you do or perhaps you already have done this, well learn more I guess :).

Hope that helped.

11. if you really like video games you could look into learning a little about video game development. also, i find reading and working out very beneficial to many parts of my life.

12. Shoot my rifle, meditate, read, work out, anything to do with nature, wine tasting, I volunteer at an animal shelter, spend time with my animals, eat good food, rock climb, cook, paint/draw, etc. And yeah, getting off and having sex is always a good way to pass time.

13. forgot to mention, i dont know ur current employment situation, but assuming u ahve weekends off, find a private country club that is looking for caddys, if ur interested in golf its the best way to learn short of spending hundreds on lessons, also you will most likely be able to play once a week for free, and if ur making 45-70 a loop in the start u can buy a set of clubs in no time. eventually you can do what my bro does and be a top caddy who just drives carts for foursomes and makes like 150-300 a loop. my bro also has been caddying for about 10 years, and golfing for the last 3 and he already has a 5 handicap. its great to be outdoors and learning a game that will last you until your long retired.

14. Very expensive hobby but EXTREMELY fun.

I'd also recommend r/c cars, either the model electrics or nitro gas

15. my hobbies are fishing, basketball, football, hackysack and thats about it. oh yeah, and smoking.:smoking:

16. in like to fuck. It's fun, feels good, and it's a workout ALL IN ONE!!!

but on a serious note, i used to collect stamps and play golf. If ya knew me then you would be like "get the fuck out of here!"

things i like to do now are read Calvin and Hobbes collections (i have quite a few), roll perfect joints and smoke them when i can, think about the world and creation and how everything came to be, go for walks in the park (while high), go to the beach, chill with my gf, and/or ride my bike.

17. I think I should look into the following:

Biking
    Hackysack
    Disc Golf
    Fishing

I have a bike, but do not have a hackysack, I think there's a fishing rod lying around here somewhere but I do know, for a fact, that there is a disc golf place right on the outskirts of my town.

18. Buy a guitar or a bass and jam with some friends. You don't even have to make up your own stuff. I just play Chili Pepper licks all the time and it's awesome when you're baked.

Work on your car; for me I'm curently working on making a sick system.

Grow plants and marijuana.

Longboard with friends or by yourself if you have nice hills around.

Chill on GC :cool:

Run or swim, but i find them kinda boring. Work out and get into bodybuilding if thats your thing. Pretty soon you'll feel guilty when you miss a day..

Listen to new music. I hear about new bands all the time off this site.
    Listen to audiobooks/podcasts while driving or instead of music... there are many on itunes

Lately I've been reading up on health and nutrition and yeah, it's really interesting to know how what you eat directly affects how you look and feel (and sometimes smell, lol) Imminst.org forums are filled with pill popping health nuts and when you look in my pantry i guess you can call me one too.

Also, make a vape or build something. Furniture is pretty easy to make and you can save yourself a lot of money, not to mention the pride in being handy and saying, yeah I made this and this..

I was thinking about getting back on warcraft because my cousin is starting again but after spending hours and hours getting up to 50 it's just not worth it. I mean, I feel like I can be outside meeting new people or reading or ANYTHING. RPG's are so addictive and such a waste of time when you think about it.

Sorry the post is getting long but one more thing... instead of just working for money, find ways to get a cashflow going. Keep it in the back of your head and remind yourself before you go to bed or when you wake up. I've came up with about 10 good (well, alright) ideas
    since i've started doing this... and it doesn't have to be illegal either lol

19. lol nothing better then a chick that blazes up and knows how to handle a rifle.