hmmmm

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Louder, Sep 21, 2012.

1. #1 Louder, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    Had to start over... But thats another story. Anywho this is my attempt at starting a perpetual grow. Tired of buying and then eventually running out... So this way i should always have...

[​IMG]
    ~Started with a few clones from my current grow. This cloning bucket is amazing. [L.S.D, Shark attack and Holy Grail Kush]

[​IMG]
    ~ A clone from the Holy Grail Kush. Lots of roots... i couldnt put it back without the roots touching the hole of the bucket so i figured it was time to transplant.

[​IMG]
    ~Got a blackstar 240 led for vegging and clones. Looks like ill either have to get 2 more or just a stronger one. All 9 clones with a Super Lemon Haze clone in the middle. Did that one with rockwool from a SLH i had growing named Sue.

[​IMG]
    ~Bought a new 600w Electric ballast this time, last one had a magnetic core... Its dimmable but will only be used for flowering anyway. The hood was massive... but it fit and its covering everything perfectly and evenly.

[​IMG]
    ~Also made the upgrade to using air pots only. Best invention in the world. I wouldnt grow in anything ever again.... Well that is until I make the upgrade to a hydro setup. Also i put a clip on fan at the canopy and one at the bottom to move the air around.

[​IMG]
    ~ Saw the earth and grow system in a High Times magazine (which i read every month) and ordered it right away. I think it works awesome. I compared my plants to the plants i had before and they look way better. All i know is my plants never droop anymore and im sure they like it.

[​IMG]
    ~Sue looking all scary because her new tent didnt arrive yet. Also had to put her under a 240 Flowering LED for now until i put her under another 600 + the Led. This plant is 6foot 9 last i checked and have to be bent so it can fit in a 6 foot tall tent. Gonna have t tie her down all over the place. Thats y the angry bird was there. Started using open Sesame on her so hopefully the buds she has will start pushing through all the way.

Still missing a 4x4x6 and 4x2x5 tent for veg and flowering. My C02 regulator seems shitty so im thinking about getting a titan c02 regulator. I also ordered a second huge hood because the one i had was prehistoric compared to this new one. Hopefully the 6" inline filter i have will be enough. Should be another week or 2 before the room is complete.. but atleast its still going in the mean time...

Sue and the others are in 12/12 and the clones were on 24 hour light but now they are on 18/6. I also installed a new AC into the wall so it keeps the room at around 81-85 for now... After everything is set up ill fix it to stay around 78 hopefully.

2. oh yeah man looking nice. advanced buckets haha

and to add to your sig. go under editing personal settings in account info.

3. The airpots are awesome. They made my plants grow faster than usual. It helps promote a great root structure which also help the plants grow faster. You should try them out.

4. subbin looks good in here...what as your old name?

5. Nice I'm subbed,

I also run led and use air pots :)

6. Yea air pots are bad ass. I wont switch back to regular pots ever. They air prune the roots and i know the root development is looking good in there because they are all huge after being topped 3-6 times each.

Also my old name was Laharl but i got bored with the name. But thanks for subbing guys. Im trying to make a good perpetual grow. In 2 weeks or so ill germinate some new seeds to keep everything moving along properly.

Today i used Open Sesame for the first time on my girls in the 4x4. I was told it was supposed to speed up the flowering switch over. On my last grow i used Beasty Bloomz and Cha-Ching only but now i have all 3 so hopefully they live up to their reputation. Also if u guys can suggest a good LED i need something a little better than the 2x 240 leds i have.

7. Got in from work... 2 packages.. So the new 4x4 and my new hood is here... too bad its lights out or i would have set it all up now... The hood wasnt as massive as the other one i just got... but it will do. I realize i misread the dimensions on the first light that came in a combo... I will eventually get another one of those mothership looking reflectors.

8. I'd like em eventually myself, big flat air cooled hoods make my grow look like a spaceship!

9. So i finally got my nw hood and 4x4 tent. I set it up right away and put sue in the tent. For some reason Sue's top was leaning ad was about to break so i just cut it all off because she could barely fit into the tent because she was so tall. So i cut the piece that was hanging and tied her down with twine.
    [​IMG]

All the extra leaves i saved from before plus the huge top i ended up having to cut off of Sue i double boiled it for about 4 hours and made some butter. I let it set over night to separate the butter from what ever else was in the mix. Now im going to make a red velvet cake today. Ill be on the moon soon.
    [​IMG]

I didnt take into consideration the extra heat that would be in the room with the new tent, plus the two tents are side by side making the heat crazier on one spot. So i went to check on the ladies and they were pissed off and the heat made them all pass out. When you see your plants like this, dont panic like i did on my first grow, just fix the temperature for them and water right away if the soil is dry.
    [​IMG]

After to good watering, i apologized and they popped right back up. Also when im not home i set the A/c the energy save auto cool mode so it keeps the room at a certain temperature. I thought the fan would be enough, clearly it was not. I was gone for about an hour and the room spiked to 98 degrees.
    [​IMG]

The clones on the other hand was loving it. They are growing a lot faster than i thought they would have. Im not transplating them right away because i dont want them to grow too fast. Im going to try to stunt them for about a week or so until i transplant them into 1 gallon airpots for veg. Then once its time for flowering i will transplant them into 2 gallons.... or i just might skip it and put them in 2 gallons to start...
    [​IMG]

10. We'll damn! Looking good. I hope to be as far a long in my setup in a couple months as you are now. Can't wait to hear about the cake. I've had many an experience baking with good and bad outcomes. How much butter did you make overall? I pretty much only use coconut oil as the fat solvent now.

11. [​IMG]
    ~LSD on the left and another shark on the right. I topped them all a few times but they are all super bushy at the top. Honna have to try and lst them somehow later on.

[​IMG]
    ~I believe this one has the best phenotype out of all 3 of the shark attacks. After topping 2 times maybe.. lost track.. it looks like it will have 4 main colas and a few subs. Either way it looks even all the way around so far. This plants clone also looks the best out of all of them.

[​IMG]
    This is the Holy Grail Kush... its still clawing a little bit.. trying to figure out a good feed for it but its in flowering right now.. hopefully it balances out soon.

Also thanks a lot wwpk, everything is coming along, just missing a new 500 led which i plan on getting next week...(I hate my phone and time to get the new iphone). I cant wait until everything is finshed so all i have to do is maintain everything. Im also missing a new regulator for the C02 and still havent used it at all yet.

Also the cake was a success. It wasnt as potent as the last cake i made becuase i only used a little bit of the cuttings from the SLH but it still did the job somewhat....

12. Nice looking grow. Yea man my OG has turned out. All that stretch you remember that? You will get that with your Kush. Apparently that is the "og/kush" stretch you get when its flower. Since most Kush's are mixed with OG Kush you will get it as well but it will all fill in at the end like mine has. Mine literally in like week 6 exploded in flower growth.

13. Yea man I can't wait, gotta wait for the 2 week marker to start seeing buds... So far so good... Now all I have to do is walk in check the temperatures and water ever other day and that's it... The new room is working perfect except the temperature is always 85 with lights on....

14. 85 is fine man. Mine hovers 80-85. Add silica supplement to your regiment and your plants wont give a shit. One of the things Silica does is allow the plant to handle higher heats better. One of the reasons why Cannabis thrives in the Afghan, Indian, Pakistan enviroments where its hot as hell. Silica is in soil but not soil you buy nor nutes.

15. Since your big into the supplements. Advanced has a bloom supplement called Kushie Kush. Its to be used in place not with say like there Big Bud or whatever bloom nute you use.

16. Ah ok I plan on crossing over to Advanced nutrients real soon. So far under 85 they look happy it's just I need to hurry a d get a new regulator because I don't use my c02 tank at all and I knoew if I put around 1500 ppms allows them to grow well at 85 degree weather. I will look into Slika as well... Is it something like perlite?

17. Nope. Silica is a element. It strengthens plants, makes them pest, heat tolerate and encourages growth. Silica is found in the Earth and plants that are planted in the ground have access to it but no soil you buy or nutes you buy have it.
    Advanced's brand is Rhino Skin.

I use Dutch Master Gold Silica because it was cheaper. Its similar to Cal-Mag where you can give it to every watering. Plants eat it up.

85 is actually quite fine for a plant. With CO2 you can boost temps to like 95 and still have growth. You know when you do your CO2 time gotta have the fans off.

18. I heard about that... But why does the fans have to be off?

19. #19 rhapsodyrcks, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    Duh...the CO2 has hit a ppm level. Meaning you have to saturate the air. If you have the fans on the CO2 just exists out of the tent and fresh air replaces it...we live in a pressurized atmosphere meaning that at all points for that altitude that you are in on the Earth the pressure is about the same. If you go higher the pressure is less because there is less atmosphere on top of you.The same goes with going underwater except its the ocean's weight that is on you...the deeper you go the more of the ocean is on top causing massive pressure on the object. Its why you cant swim to 2000 feet under the ocean even with Scuba gear. You would be flattened like a pancake because a trillion tons of ocean water is on top of you. Its why you cant go to 60,000 feet and breath...theres not enough concentrated oxygen because the air pressure is non existant. Most dont ever think about it but all life on Earth exists in a 5 mile band..thats it. Mt Everest is about 5 miles high but no one could live there so basically about a 2 mile band high that circles the Earth is where everything exists. Sobering thought..

On a side note its why explosives are so deadly. They create a over pressurization of the local area and when that happens your generating a micro disturbance in the area. That event causes things to fly etc. When we drop a 500 pound bomb on the enemy its not the explosives per say that kills people its the pressure change which is radical and causes mass damage.

CO2 growers are actually the biggest fault of the LED I have. Because it uses 5 watt Diodes the LED requires your vent system being on whenever the light is on negating your CO2. Theres a user on the LED forums California Lightworks likes there users to post to that has a manifold system to isolate the heat output of his LED so the heat exiting the sides gets sucked in by a flushmount piping system and no CO2 is sucked out. The intake has a pipe to that goes outside his grow area to take in fresh air vice the tent air.

Anyhow figure that issue out before you turn on your CO2 and waste a whole tank.

20. Yea I don't plan on using it until I get a working regulator anyway. But I watered my ladies before work and I see they started to flower so I started them on a light flowering nute. I should have done 1/4 but I did 1/3 by accident so hopefully they don't react to the nutes because I know this stuff is strong.

Also after analyzing one of my plants I realize that I was under attack by pests. I remembered right then I did put these plants outside for a few days and ever since then one plant looked like it had scratches but I figured it was nothing...(bad idea) but I looked closer today and seen these tiny little white larva looking things... So I'm going to war starting Sunday with some liquid lady bug... I'll post pix later but I have no idea what they are...

The clones also look fkin awesome. I will pot them into 1 gallon airports on Sunday then transfer them into 2 gallon airports when they go into flowering.