Hmmm- really a friend??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by joey71, Aug 29, 2011.

1. I am 4 weeks into veg- buddy of mine gave me 2 clones, both of them had sign of being overwatered- after a week they are not any better so I investigate further- well the damn clones have mites and they were in the same room as my 3 HEALTHY BUG FREE DISEASE FREE-- plants-- now my ww and g13 and tw all have mites-- especially the ww-- now this is my first ever grow. They are in a 3x5 closet - what is my plan of attack here?? Step one would be to eradicate these bastards!! I have to clean out the whole area with bleach - but doing that would shut me down for a day or two-- any ideas or suggestions??

2. BUMMER!

Neem oil (available most places) has worked wonderfully on mites for me. I use it ASAP and again in 3-5 days to catch any late hatchers. Follow package directions and spray the entire plant, especially the undersides of leaves. I've never seen any ill effects on the plants.

As far as cleaning your grow space, I'm an outdoor gardener, but I'm wondering why such a small space would take a day or two to clean.

HTH!