Hmm, what else should I add?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by blackey, May 7, 2012.

1. So I finally purcahsed all for my soil mixture heres what I got

In total I have

10 pounds Neem Cake

three 8 quart bags of Schultz Perlite
    three 8 quart bags of MG peat moss ( I know..its MG brand..they did not have canadian peat moss :(

I am trying to find a source for good quality (but still cheap) Bat quano I want to make a tea out of it for watering

I want to also get kelp meal, but I dont want to get too much shit that would be over kill, and I am growing just afghan kush and they love to eat bat guano, so I think with my perlite and peat moss with my native soil that is already pretty decent stuff I will have perfect soil for seedlings. Than Once I transplant them into the ground I will have a complete mixture of Neem cake, Perlite, peat moss, kelp meal with bat guano tea watered in every now and than.

Will three 8 quart bags of the peat moss and perlite be enough for 6-7 holes that are 3x3x3 feet or should I scale down to holes the size 2x2x2 feet, I can always buy more but I dont want to if I do not have too, I was thinking since I will be having neem cake as a top dressing, I wouldnt need anyomre than this.

Oh and I forgot to say I'll be getting earth worm castings :)

Maybe not alllll of this, what do you think, is this over kill, is all this together going to make the PH level sky rocket? I'll be gettin PH testing kits so I'll check but, just wonderin.

2. #2 hope2toke, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    don;t use the miracle grow perlite... you can substitute the guano for other mineral... such as azomite, granite or glacier dust, or other rock dust... .... can you source premeir products neatr you? Eg. canadian auto tire?

3. #3 blackey, May 7, 2012
    the perlite is not miracle grow the peat moss is, its not 100% organic but hey what else could I have done, couldnt get any anywhere else and needed it today to put my germinated seeds into. I looked at it weeks ago when I did not know that it was bad and from the looks on the bad MG perlite is like...a fine powder which I dont understand how that would absorbe water and help keep the soil in good condition.

4. #4 hope2toke, May 7, 2012
    hm... what is your store? home depot?

MG= schultz....

5. nope Walmart. The quality of the miracle grow really depense on where you live. Like in iowa its not as harsh/shitty but a state over its the worst stuff ever. The plant outside of pittsburgh is pretty...decent with their MG potting soil they produce no aphids or bugs in the stuff around here but I still aint going to even touch that shit, so their peat moss is pretty decent stuff too around here.

6. better luck planting straight in the ground. The kelp and neem will go a long way towards your garden, if you use them right. ... if you're getting worm castings you should also consider finding alfalfa. Then you can top dress and make teas, they are very useful for spraying plants.

7. Yup =D I'm going to have to read up on how to properly use kelp meal, but I know neem cake is better used as a top dressing and good to distill into water and spray the stomas with it.

My buddy has used MG peat moss in his grows for years, schultz too a few times and hes had no issues with it I am not really worried about it, wont be all organic now but it aint gonna give me problems.

8. Blackey, just remember, like anything else in life, you get out of it what you put into it.

9. well, I think I'll get some good bud out of this. Instead of buying soil from the store I dug out three buckets of native soil from my woods, the plant life in my woods is just, amazing really every year it grows in so thick and tall with american bamboo and grass that i can't even walk through it without wacking down a path which i have to do every year, so before the winter I threw a pool tarp over the area where i wanted the good native soil from so the plants would not grow this year and there would not be so many roots, it worked! I dug up three buckets and sifted it through a window screen and now I have really fine sand-like native soil I ammended with perlite and peat moss, its so airy and light and with my neem cake I'll be putting into the soil the middle layer just 1 and a half cups, with two or three tablespoons of bat guano and kelp meal the root system should be real strong. I'll be distilling neem cake in distilled tap water to remove the chlorine from it and spraying that onto the stomas of the plant during its flowering stage, and making bat guano tea and watering that into the soil every other watering as long as the PH is right. I've learned after revising my plan on growing weed that its really a mistake to over think it all, marijuana is a weed, it will grow easy in anything really, does not need to be so complicated as most people make it, buts thats how it goes. Just gatta give it a proper growing environment and get out of its way let it do its own thing.

10. distilling neem cake? HUH??? whats that mean?

11. puttin a cup of neem cake into water, than letting it sit 24 hours its good to store till it smells like alcohol than its no good.

12. You should add kelp meal and alfalfa to that mix...I have found them to be really quite amazing. Cheap, easy to find and irreplaceable.

Alfalfa pellets in big bags for horses is very available most feed or co-op or nursery stores. The kelp meal can be by the pound, or by the box, Dr Earth's or Down to Earth or any natural brand of the Norweigen kelp. I have lots of real, locally caught, kelp in my mix, I went and hand picked it (but I'm on the ocean)... have to really wash the heck out of it to rid it of the salt though. I put it in the blender handful at a time.

13. The MG peat is "enhanced" with MG fertilizers. It's clearly stated on the package. If you must use it, wash the hell out of it. I guess sometimes there should be a flush.

14. spraying that onto the stomas of the plant during its flowering stage? - You will be spraying neem onto your flowers?

making bat guano tea and watering that into the soil every other watering as long as the PH is right. - How will you change the pH if it isnt where you want it?

Just wondering. Best of luck.

jerry.