Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hmm.. bud gone bad?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Opal, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Well, I bought an o of some bud, i bagged it all into halfs, then put all those bags into a big freezer ziploc bag.. then put that bag in a shoebox. Well, I got the o on Friday, and it is now Tuesday. I smoked a j and a small bowl of it.. and I barely feel anything. I can barely smell the bud anymore, and it seemed to have gotten pretty dense. Did I just ruin the whole thing?

2. i heard of bud losing smell from being in a ziplock bag but never losing potency hmmm strange maybe it the ganja but go buy some jam jars the empty glass ones with the gold lids put your bud in there and close the lid the bud cures and gets smelly and tastes great and it wont go bad on you

3. The plastic used in Ziploc's is semi permeable and wont keep it airtight. You would have to use a glass jar or similar container to keep it completely fresh. Im not sure that freezing it will add to its freshness either.. Glass jars + Cool dark place = good buds for long time. go with it :D

4. I left a nug in a cardboard box in my dresser drawer for a couple months... Totally forgot it was there until I was cleaning out my drawer and found it. It didn't smell as strong and was very dry... But it still got me wrecked. I dunno what to tell ya man... 'cept go with the previous advice given here :) Jars work best.

5. yeah, getting dense is just from it sitting in the same position for a long time.. and it would not lose its potency.. def. not in like.. 4 days, maybe you just got some schwaggity schwag... =D

6. No, this was a $290 o. I'm in florida. But i'll try the jar, thanks for the input.

7. you could also try tupperware...well thats what i use and these problems dont happen to me....just a suggestion

8. Well, I put it into a jar, then put the jar in the fridge, 2 days later at this time I roll a j and i'm fuckin' blazzeeddd. Thanks Grasscity!

9. Just keep smoking until you get high. If you have an ounce, roll a couple blunts and have yourself a good night.

10. Good information to have folks...Good information to have...

11. Can't really do that.. I'm um.. giving it away, and getting money in return.

12. Just as long as you're not dealing... 'Cause we can't talk about that here ;) :rolleyes:

13. \yup its definatly the stress

14. that "fresh/good" smell of weed eventually goes away when it's not so new anymore. but the potency always sticks. and the glass jar idea is great. best thing i ever did. a year later i'm still loving that jar. is your tolerance really high? are you not relaxed when you're smoking? if you are concentrating/worrying a lot you may not enjoy a high as much. and then there's the chance that your weed is dirt weed (garbage).

15. Actually giving it away is the same thing as dealing it in the polices' eyes. But cops are dicks unlike our grasscity mods.