HLG releases new quantum 120 board for DIY projects. $29

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tbone Shuffle, Aug 6, 2017.

1. All I know is it said this on the web site. "4 Boards HLG-240H-C2100 - 4x QB 120 in series". I think that means 4 will draw 96 volts, and the current will be 525 ma to each?, I'm no expert on this stuff yet but am learning.
    I don't mind soldering as I built a lot of rc planes that required me to get proficient at it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IMG_0689.JPG This is day 6 since I put the new lights in. Compare it to my first picture. It's pretty amazing considering I treated them for mites twice in that time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Very nice. And I thought I had mine packed in tight lol those girls are ready to make some buds!

4. I'm only going to have room for one. I'm going to clone the other three and bud a single plant next run so I can eliminate my mites. I'm going to bud the short one in the right front. A DWC wonder woman. The rest are just waiting to get chopped down. No way I'm fitting those things in. I should take a picture with the bud side open. The veg side is near a foot taller. I'm completely out of headroom in the veg side which should never happen. How are they going to stretch? Notice how my lights have no ratcheting lines. The tent is 80" tall.

5. Yeah, too bad you aren't in a legal state could just throw them outside. I dunno if my outdoor plant will make it. I'm leaving for a week soon and she's needing water most every day. Going to put her in shady spot and hope for the best. Budding out nicely tho. Will just end up in the hash bin most likely
    [​IMG]

6. 4 boards in series = 96 volts.

• Like Like x 2
  7. correct on the voltage, but in series the current does not divide - each board will have 2100 mA through it.

8. 2100mA is a good amount but they can tolerate up to 2500. That's what both mine are running. I can't express how much the plants love them. I didn't think I would have this kind of response. They've grown 8" in 6 days at least and a few put on a lot of mass as well in that time. Not only that but they're praying and looking much more healthy. The plants love the light these things put out.

9. Just did this tonight
    Love how clear the tent is now
    Can see everything!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. #92 Tbone Shuffle, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    F@ck yes dude. Nice! Your plants are going to thank you. Isn't the brightness for the wattage a sight to behold? Is that a QB260? My second one is in the mail. There's going to be a smoking good deal on a p900 in the local paper soon. =)

11. I have two more QB 120 boards just sitting here. I was thinking of building and selling two lights. I have the two CLW 110 vegmasters collecting dust. I was going to use those for a small kitchen herb and veggie garden tent but I'm thinking I might as well sell the CLW's while they're still worth something and just use the QB120 boards I have to build a veggie garden setup. It would be much better performing I can already tell and 1/3rd less electricity.

I can't believe how far led's have come in such a short amount of time that the veg led's I paid close to $600 for 2 years ago are outshined by $125 worth of parts in 2017. Pretty amazing. It says a lot for how much further they can push this technology.

12. Dude they're pretty amazing to be honest lol.
    3 qb 260 in there now! Can't wait to see what they do. They're running at 260w too and about 24" or so above the canopy. Figure I'll lower them a little bit everyday.

13. Ok,Thanks, I still don't know much. That should work good if the max is 2500ma.

14. so after the price shock of about $73 a board to my door, and seeing how they dominate a 4x4, would you personally spend $73 a board? knowing what you know now? I'm going to give it some more though and will email them to see if I can get cheaper shipping as 40 buck for two boards is a fuck lot.

I'm really wanting to rid my bulky and heavy t5 panels for a more efficient option that has a better deal of penetration since my veg tent is a little crowded with canopy's at different heights, only draw back is the t5's keep the tent at the perfect temp during the winter,

15. They just released a powered version of the 120 board.
    HLG 65

$99. It's 65 watts so 5 watts higher then mine I guess. Mine were $65 each though and they do have meanwell drivers and IMO a better hanger. I also have a higher gauge cord. The veg tent went into ridiculous mode when I was out of town working. IMG_0741.JPG

16. My service is bad so it won't load the pic lol
    I'm away till Thursday. Can't wait to see the ladies when we get home. Hopefully everything is better than the way I left them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. It's got to be the most ridiculously vegged 4x4 tent ever. There's no headroom left and it's an 80" tall tent. There's tops that are 3" from the light and they didn't burn. After this pics I topped a bunch of the tall ones. It was a fire hazard. Nobody could ever bud this thing. I'm going to bud one plant from this bunch. Still deciding on the blueberry I haven't tried or the DWC wonder woman which might be the stoniest bud I've grown so far. The other three that don't make the cut will just be cloned.