hlg quantum board questions

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Popcorn, Mar 15, 2020.

1. any basic difference between the hlg qb288s and the qb 96s? also does anyone have the hlg360 because I am wondering what the distance between the 96s on the setup.

2. If you get the qb96’s, I would recommend buying the lights separately not in a kit. You can choose which driver and save money, especially on all the wires and connectors. Plus you can put the lights at different heights and move them around.

3. thanks I am planning to buy separate. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. The qb96 are good from start to finish, they have the red diodes for boosted flower but also a good blue spike for veg.
    The qb288 I would say are more specific for the grow period. v2's at 3000k for bloom, 4000k for veg, 3500k for both but they lack the red diodes. The qb288Rspec had red and is excellent but is geared towards flower only.

• Like Like x 1
  5. so heres a question.. just bought a hlg 135 v2 rspec kit and wondering if i can add another light in series or if i need a whole other kit? As evident I have 0 experience with quantum boards and do not know if the driver will support multiple lights 135W QB V2 Rspec LED Kit

6. You can add a second board in parallel not in series, but the power will be split between the two boards. Splitting the power will increase efficiency so you will be getting a bit more light, maybe 10% more but not double. Also, the spread will be better coming from two boards.

7. Makes sence. Thanks

8. Just to clarify, you can only add another board of the exact same model/make.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Also makes sense. I am more interesting in additional light as I am trying to grow my area in general so think I will get another 2 of the kits...