HLG quantum board getting too hot!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Big_Bud, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

As some of you have probably seen I just got a HLG quantum board 135w.
    I after been in over night I checked it this morning to find the temp had risen to 36 degree Celsius!
    Obviously I was amazed and tried to strategically place my fans point at the driver. The fans have been put on full power.
    What else can I do to avoid overheating?

2. Mount the driver outside of the tent

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Stronger extraction/intake to compensate? Fans will only move the heat around

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I had thought about that but don't think that there's enough slack

5. Should I really have to? One of the big reasons for getting a QB was it's low heat output

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree, it's a pain but unless i'm missing something, you have a grow room of 36 degrees, which is not good unless you have some c02 additional added in the mix.
    What size extraction do you have now? As that is more important IMO than the intake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 4 inch extractor

8. I've just tried raising the light as high as possible so it's closer to the Carbon filter and there's a fan blowing cold air on top of the driver and a fan blowing cold air underneath

9. Cool bro. Let me know how it effects the temps! I would be surprised if it dropped more than 2 - 3 degrees....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 6 inch would sort your problems right out! (if 100% necessary that is!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. You really think that a 6 inch fan would solve the issue?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Upgrading from a 4 inch extraction to a 6 inch extraction WILL resolve your issues!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thanks a lot

• Like Like x 1
  14. No worries bro. I had the same issues with my 600w HPS - I was running a 4 inch extraction and my temps were 33 plus! As soon as I swapped for a decent Rhino 6" extraction fan, I was down to 23 - 26 constant temp.

15. Agreed

• Like Like x 2
  16. What size tent

• Like Like x 1
  17. Something is wrong here, you're running just 135w? And your 4" exhaust fan is not handling it?

Can you put up a photo of your set up? Fans, ducting, lights etc ...
    Fitting a longer cable to position your driver outside the grow area is definitely worth doing that's the beauty of it being remote

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. is this a booster fan or a centrifugal inline fan.?

a booster fan will work with no filter and lots of passive intake,
    with a carbon filter u need a 4" inline centrifugal fan, a good name brand fan.!!