HLG QB120 boards in 3k in stock for $29.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tbone Shuffle, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Nice looking colas on those mofos. Good work.

2. Thanks tbone!
    I am thinking I have 2 weeks left.

3. HLG 100
    might have to add one to the collection..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Completed our first harvest replacing three Viparspectra 450's with 4x HLG QB120's and 2x Chinese Q288's all in 3000K.

With the same strains we went from 0.66 gram per watt to 1.4 with the new setup. The lights are legit and much better spectrum for bloom.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. U told me about them and I looked them up and bought 2 hlg 65 4000k lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. I saw those. I think the board will be called the qb192 or something like that. It's a 100 watt max board where the qb120's were 60 watts and the qb132's were 75 watts.

My only gripe is they are still not selling only the boards. The HLG 100 is a nice fixture but much more expensive then DIY'n with just the boards. They basically sell you a few cheap hangers and a driver that's double to triple the actual price. I understand they need profit as much as anyone and they don't have to ever sell just the boards but they already let the cat out of the bag. We that DIY want to buy just the boards.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agreed! Would def like to see some options for just the boards. I mean don’t get me wrong I love my qb120s..all (8 of them s.o.b’s) but with all these other new boards HLG is putting out, it’s very tempting to not pull the trigger and add another to the collection..

Would be nice if they would start developing some more new boards that came with the optics like they have on the new qb324. like if they threw some on the qb120s or the 132s. Not sure how beneficial they are but would be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Notice any difference in flower time? Sooner or later harvest?

• Like Like x 1
  9. My plant was early this time. 8 weeks since flip to flush.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mine are 9 weeks tomorrow.
    Starting flush probably tonight.
    Looking to chop next Monday night.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hey folks I recently decided to switch from mh/hps to qbs. I got 4 of the 3000k and they run on a hlg 240 c2100a. I plan on using it for veg and flower. Has anyone done a full cycle with just 3000s? It’s going to be in a 5x5 but I’m only gonna flower 2 plants at a time. Eventually I may get 4 more if I decide to do more plants. I knew nothing about these so big thanks to buzzer and tbone for their help. 2873C560-0B56-4840-8B71-9DBDE09CD791.jpeg 7356C0D0-2529-4F2F-BF83-0A75459D8058.jpeg ADC80ED1-4ED5-4C35-966B-DD84B9D6D0C2.jpeg 962E93B0-EDB5-49C0-BFAF-307FC5A3CD59.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. im sure someone on this thread has done a full grow with a 3k, I just did one with a single 4k for veg and one 4k and one 3k for flower

13. How did did it turn out? I’m waiting for my current grow to finish ( should be this week) then I’ll pull the hps and put the qbs in there for a skunk #1 and a peppermint kush that I have that are about a month old. I’m also wondering what the best thing is to do with my driver. I want it on the outside of the tent but I’m not sure if I can just set it in the carpet or if I should mount it to a piece of scrap wood...

14. It turned out great! Buds are rock hard.
    IMG_6054.JPG IMG_6098.JPG IMG_6127.JPG
    If I were you, I'd mount it on something just for piece of mind. Skunk #1 is one of my favorite strains, I'm jealous, should come out great. Nice job mounting those boards as well, looks great.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thanks man.
    I actually got a few of those skunk fema for free when i ordered some Barney’s peppermint kush from southern Oregon seeds. Can’t wait to see how it comes out.

16. Good luck man, I'm sure you'll love your new lights. I'm yet to see anyone complain about them :smiley-rolling-joint:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. How hot do the drivers get? Could I just screw around t to a piece of board and lean it against the wall? I’ve only had mine plugged in for a minute or so

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I only have drivers for a single board, so I can't say about yours. Mine gets hot to the touch, but I can leave my hand on it no problem.

• Like Like x 2
  19. #1999 AestheticJuan, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    I’ve done multiple grows under just 3k qb120s, ran 7 of them had awesome results. Some strains stretch a little more than other but nothing working with the lights can’t fix. moving them up and down..to find the the sweet spot..over all I’m very happy with the 3k.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  20. Juan#igrowtrees

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1