hlg 96 elite / any hlg light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by joebechill, Jun 4, 2019.

1. I think it would depend on the phone camera you're using. Basically the phone has a light meter to adjust the shutter speed and aperture of the camera when you take a picture. If you have a crappy phone it might not have the best light meter on it and could be limited.

I would always use a meter. The phone isn't going to be as accurate when it's dirty or gets scratched over time as well. All the meters have a flip top cap on the sensor or most of them so each time you read it doesn't have dust or accumulate scratches on the sensor like you would on a phone.

Lux meters are so cheap.

In case anyone was wondering, I did have someone once tell me that lumens and lux were different. They are not. Lux is the exact same thing as PPFD is compared to umoles. Umoles or lumens is the absolute output of the bulb and when output is measured at a specific distance then it's PPFD or Lux.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wow . the built in shunt idea is genius . that would definitely have a better look to it. i think i’m going to order that . i added it to my cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. i broke my iphone 7 screen last week for the first time since the iphone 7 came out. lol i don’t know how long ago that was.. a few years. i already have the replacement screen shipped to my house lol i’m fixing it next week. i won’t be using the app again , but i did order the lux meter! i’ll compare the phone to the meter since i will probably get that before i fix my screen .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lol! Thad’s a good $30 invested in growing equipment. Honestly, it’s just as important as a ph meter.