Hlg 550v2s & bestva 2000w reflector series first tent grow (3x3&5x9)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mojojoejoe_, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hey guys, So for some reason I haven’t gotten any feed back from this community in a while so I’m wondering if there’s something I’m doing that’s rubbing you guys the wrong way, if so let me know. Anywho there’s been a lot of developments in my setup. I got my 3 adults in my 5x9 under my new v2 550s, I got 12 clones ready to be potted and put under a light. My other tent is a 3x3 with a 2000w reflector series bestva light. I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to start vegging my cuttings under the bestva in 2 gal pots, and if I do should I run the light pink or purple? And my other question is; I’m completely new to the qb game, I just knew these 550s were the shit so I said why not, now I know they’re full spectrum but I’m tryin to figure out the dimmer, should I have it low during veg and crank it up during flower? Any help will be appreciated guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Start at lowest dimming setting and as plants age slowly introduce them to higher settings

3. Also if you take your clones from a plant that's 2 weeks into flowering it's called monster cropping you let it's roots develop and then it can go straight into flowering as soon as it has a solid root base

4. Here’s some pics

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. How is that bestva 2000 w light? Heard alot of good and bad about them supposedly they don't put out the amount of watts as advertised I'm in the process of getting a new light today stuck between grabbing a few QBs or just grabbing a 1000 watt de hps / mh fixture

6. Thanks for the info man I appreciate it, and I was actually reading about that because I wasn’t sure if one of the clones I was given is in early flower or just a really mature female still vegging. We’ll see, but you think the set up is legit? I’m just tryin to get a good cycle going you know

7. Oh yeah you'll get really nice yields off them QBs I really wanna grab some been following a few grows with people using them and they're doing amazing but yeah your set up looks nice not sure if I noticed any oscillating fans tho might wanna throw some in for air circulation especially in flowering makes tighter denser buds

8. Yeah I actually have an 18 inch oscillating fan on the other side, the girls have been lovingggg the qbs, but with these clones and the bestva light; do you think it’d be best to run them under the red or purple light?

9. You planning on throwing clones into flowering right after roots develop or you trying to veg them for awhike?

10. Hopefully this helps Screenshot_20190415-101251.png Screenshot_20190415-101314.png Screenshot_20190415-101329.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oh no no, I’m going to veg the clones for at least a month. I’m in a pickle though. 12 clones will only be able to veg for so long In the 3x3 and I still need to flip my adults. So I’m going to have to figure out a way to veg these while my adults flower.

12. Thank you Regina that actually is really helpful

13. I was thinking about throwing the bestva in between my 2 550s once I move the clones from the 3x3 to the 5x9, idk I’m thinking the purple/red hue can’t hurt?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey I’m about to pot my clones right now, I have a big bag of happy frog and a bag of Mother Earth cocoa & perlite. I haven’t used the happy frog yet, what do you guys think?

15. Happy frog is a good medium I like it recently switched to fox farm ocean forest with an extra 40% perlite mix and I'm loving it so far as for your clones as soon as roots develop you can throw them in flowering right away look up sog grows or even scrog grows just top the plant really early and mainline it under scrog and gtg for flowering

16. You know I’ve been meaning to look into sog&scrog methods, I had no idea you can get a nice harvest by flowering them as soon as they’re potted. So would you just pot them and put them right on a 12/12 schedule?

17. Yea as soon as roots are developed here's a picture of my easily made scrog for no money really only dofferdiff from sog and scrog is multiple plants under scrog to fill it instead of a couple massive plants should take your clones from plants that are just entering flowering period around 2 weeks old they'll have pre flowers that are fully mature as soon as roots are developed

Attached Files:

18. Wow thanks for the information, I actually tested one of my clones in happy frog last night and when I woke up this morning she was basically dead , maybe I overwatered Idk