HLG 260xl Quantum boards 13" distance update

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by versicolor, Sep 22, 2018.

1. So it's been 3 days since I lowered the QB's down to around 13" from canopy. I wanted to post an update for those curious. So far everything looks just fine. I haven't seen any indication of light burn. I am running the lights at 100% power. Plants are still a little on the light green side from trying to catch up on nute adjustments after replanting and being thrust under these intensely bright lights and a 12/12 schedule, but as far as the lights go I don't think there is an issue having them that close. Strains are GG4 and 10lb hammer. Other strains could have a problem but these two seem OK so far. Check out the pics and see what you think.
    IMG_20180922_161252.jpg IMG_20180922_161208.jpg IMG_20180922_161204.jpg IMG_20180922_161144.jpg IMG_20180922_161120.jpg IMG_20180922_161127.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. They look awesome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gorgeous plants
    I’ve got a few boards[​IMG]
    SK1[​IMG]
    Aurora Indica [​IMG]
    SS[​IMG]
    SK1-5wks in flower tomorrow [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  4. You’re about the same stage as me mate, I’ve got three qb running from a hlg480 2100a at full power[​IMG] totally hide my foot under the canopy haha

• Like Like x 2
  5. Very nice bud bud[​IMG]

@ I love growing weed

6. Looking good. I cannot get my qbs lower than 20-22 inches without burning up my pistils. Once they start budding I'm good for a while, then within a couple days, boom. Crispy. I know it's messing with my yields. @Hunter2348 , nice buds. What is the closest you run your boards?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Just me, it’s funny you should ask.
    First off, seedlings
    When my seeds pop
    I give the seedlings, everything
    With success
    There are issues with light distance
    I usually keep my qb boards
    12” from all. Good luck [​IMG]

@ I love growing weed

8. That's what I watch is the pistils when I setting light distance in flower.

The first sign that you have the buds a little close to the light is those uppermost reaching pistils on the very top of the bud get singed or just wrinkled up. If you look at buds slightly lower down from the top they have pistils sticking straight up. That's when I'll bump it up a little.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I flipped mine a few weeks ago, stretch done now. All within 20" the closest got to about 12". All looking good still.
    I have the hlg 550 set to 500w

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Very beautiful

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1