HLG 260 watt quantum board HELP

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Renodegaul, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Trying to figure out the light distance from the plant but I can't find anything, any who has one can you please help with the distance I need the light from canopy in all stages please.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have a single 288 board, not the 260w kit but I started at 20 in veg and now in flower im down to 12"
    Its something you gotta play with for whatever strain your growing but 20" is a good place to start

• Like Like x 3
  3. I had the same question

4. was told 24-30 for veg 18-24 for flower.

I have one, and the light is damn hot turned all the way up. had to crank it down just a little.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ive got two of these kits in a 4x4 tent i run them 18 inches from the canopy during flower. seems to be sweet spot for me. Par ratings around 900 im the center and 500 around the edges

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I got two 260w 304 kits on 11 girls at 12in and they are happy as can be

7. You guys must have some pretty light tolerant strains to run the qb260's with qb304's at full power at 12" from a plant.

Mine can't do that. I go for about 18"-24" it depends on the plant. They are very intense light and some plants are sensitive. Some are downright hard to burn. Plants can vary considerably on what light distance they like. Just watch for the upcurled serrations on the tips of the leaves which is the first sign of light stress.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. #11 Tbone Shuffle, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    If you use them for young plants and seedlings/clones sometimes you have to go up to 3ft. The light intensity that comes off of a qb260 is higher then a 400 watt hps. They're about comparable to a 500 watt hps if there was such a thing. Consider that when you consider your distance. A small plant can easily be cooked at even 18".

• Like Like x 2
  9. 12 inches sounds a bit extreme for this 260w

• Like Like x 1
  10. nice to know the distances, as I'm going to be getting in a couple 288's in a couple of weeks. projected wattage is about 158watts a board at full tilt, but will probably dim the driver down to about 80 watts a board pending on how much head room my sativa takes up in flower

11. Got some widow in also they love the light close

12. Pineapple Xpress 2 and Creme Mandarine also love the lights (QB132's) within 12-15" or so..Picture is a week old..removed The deputy (male) and put a Cackleberry clone (under 2x QB132s and 1x B288in its place (known female)
    3-5-18.JPG 3-11-18 1.JPG