Hiya GC!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MomOnTheRun, Jan 8, 2017.

1. I have been lurking on this forum for the last year getting caught up on all the new information available since the last time I grew.....20 or so yrs ago. Even then I didn't know a whole lot but did have some wonderful instructors and grew a couple decent yields. I shut everything down once the kids came and just bought an eighth here and there for many years until the back issues with sciatica involvement came on. The Dr's couldn't do much more than nerve blocks as I refused surgery and told me I would be in a wheelchair in 5 yrs....almost 10 yrs ago. The nerve blocks, frequent hot baths and thc helps get me through the nights when the pain is at its worst. Many of my long time friends were surprised I didn't start up again right away once we became a legal state. I "only" used it recreationally to unwind during periods of high stress so thought it was best left to the "experts". The 1st shops just opened a couple months ago and heard the reported prices....expensive but doable. I know over time, our memories could get skewed but from what people are reporting in, I think I grew better than what is currently available besides, I can have up to 12 plants so why not.

In anticipation, I started looking at many strains like a kid in a candy store trying to decide what to try. Having a hard time narrowing it down, I looked at the medical aspects and was surprised to see the myriad of ailments that they could cover. I knew there were health benefits but not exactly what..... I also suffer from mild situational anxiety that intensifies when I am put "on the spot". Knowing that, I stayed away from those type of situations the best I could and when I couldn't, I would have to hold my own hand from shaking so much looking like I had Parkinsons or something until it was over. The older I get, the worse it seems to get so I focused on those strains and placed my order.

I also have bouts of depression that come/go and figured it was due to where I live and not getting enough sun so I usually just ride it out with frequent diy projects to stay busy....the deeper the depression = more projects. Funny how depression and anxiety seem to go hand in hand. My daughter was diagnosed with emerging BPD (unable to regulate emotions, mood swings, impulsive, unstable relationships etc)....they say it has a partial genetic and partial environmental components so I had to really evaluate everything trying to figure it out going half mad at times. It is considered untreatable but the medical community saw she needed help asap as it was becoming more difficult to keep her safe from her self with almost daily trips to the ER. The dynamics changed once she became a legal adult so when she sticks to her appointments and goals, they are long term treating her most debilitating symptoms: Depression, anxiety and ptsd with short term trips to the state mental health hospital as needed. She seemed to be doing well until a couple weeks ago when her boyfriend informed me she was in ICU and was going to be there for a few days...she od'ed on her mood stabilizer and only had 132 stitches this time. She is going to have incidences here and there ....only 3 in all of last year though it gets more intensive when she goes longer periods of time in between - just how it is. She has recently started smoking mj picking up whatever she can though so far what she has been able to pick up had intensified her symptoms except for what I have given her from my sources so figure i'd grow for her as well. It would be a godsend if it helps.

I rechecked the strains I ordered for the various benefits and decided to focus my 1st grow on them: Super lemon haze, critical mass, blue dream and sage n sour.... can't wait! I am sure i'll be asking for advice as I relearn "how to ride this bike" and implement techniques I want to try. So for now, I am just focusing on what I can do: research, help the kids with their endeavors, implement plans for my dog breeding program and enjoy life come what may.......

Now you know a bit about me, I look forward in getting to know you all!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Finally found my post to update.....received my order from Attitude on Friday woo hoo! Lots of freebie's though mostly auto's so I will do those outside in about 5 months lol For now, I started Critical Super Silver Haze (Delicious Seeds) and Super Lemon Haze (Greenhouse Seeds) for energetic, uplifting affects for high stress and depression. A local friend is going to clone his sativa dominant Chocolope (DNA Genetics) for me to add this go round - this should be plenty to get started in my 3x3x5 veg room.....wish me luck!

• Like Like x 2
  3. The babies are growing nice....not bad for ~2 weeks old as they are still alive :p
    Critical Super Silver Haze
    Feb 1 (17).jpg Feb 1 (18).jpg
    Super Lemon Haze
    Feb 1 (15).jpg Feb 1 (16).jpg

Even got my hands on a Critical Mass clone for those insomnia nights.........
    Feb 1 (19).jpg Feb 1 (20).jpg
    I'll update again in a couple of weeks in their new #1 pots if they are still alive - Thanks for looking in!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lovely little babies, MomOnTheRun!!!! Great job!!! I've been growing since my kids moved out and got their own lives. Unfortunately, I moved to Texas 3 years ago, so I'm back to closet grows. :( I lived in CO before the move. You are going to have great success!! (my crystal ball says so :p :D ) Welcome to the only forum that helps rather than argues!!! Glad you found us!!!

5. Thank you SlinkyKat! So far so good - a little nervous I may miss something important going off my memory from long ago grow days though you know what they say..... slow and steady wins the race lol This forum is really helping with the wealth of knowledge at just a search away - so glad I found GC....my kind of peeps ;)

Even though I am in a legal state, I have my grow in my tiny bedroom under wraps as I still have 2 boys at home.....its the elephant in the room lol. My teen son has a problem with growing drugs and gets a little huffy when I grab a couple bottles of water like I am cooking meth or something but is starting to understand the medical aspects behind it so is easing up on mom a little finally understanding what I am doing when I put myself on a 10 minute time out :p Guess I did too good of a job teaching him to "just say no" lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Then again, the most hardcore stoners I know also had that stance in front of any adult lol Just like he is trying to convince me he isn't interested in girls yet while locking himself in his room for hours like a typical teen male....I have 4 brothers I grew up with, I know what he is doing rofl!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've raised a girl and a boy. Through my travels in child rearing, I've learned that those who protest the loudest usually have something to hide. :p Both of my children protested about my smoking cigarettes, they both smoke cigs too. :p When they found out I was smoking pot, they protested and they both smoke it too. :) I'm 57 now and I have an outstanding relationship with both my kids. Good luck with your grow and your children!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pretty much holds true lol That's great that you have an outstanding relationship with your children! My mom is my best friend though it took me til I was in my mid 20's (just turned 40) before I got my head out of my ass so I have a ways to go before my own children get there..... so far so good (I think) lol