Hitting an empty bowl...

Discussion in 'General' started by natsdynasty, Jan 28, 2012.

1. My friend told me that he hit an empty bowl and got high off it. He called it resin hits.

If I was to hit my empty bowl, would I be able to get high? And if so, how high?

I smoke pretty much every day, so I have a good amount of resin in my bowl I believe. It is a clear bowl, but it is very dark now because of all the resin.

I would prefer to not scrape it because I have to smoke out my window tonight and would prefer to not risk much smell.

Thanks guys!!

2. Dude dont do it, it really doesnt do much for a high and its really bad for you. Youre basically inhaling straight butane and carcinogens, not worth it to get a slight buzzz and a shitty headache

3. You'll most likely inhale a bit of butane. But hey why not

4. Its gross but yah youll get high.

5. If there's res in the bowl you can usually get a few "good" res hits.

Be careful though doing this repeatedly can cause the glass in the bowl to become brittle. If your bowl is glass of course.

6. just take a toothpick or something and clean out the resin and then put it back in the bowl and smoke

7. Can you verify that glass gets brittle if you heat it up real hot too many times? I did this a lot when I was dry, just taking a Zippo to it and breathing and I don't wanna break my piece. :eek:

8. If you're using some quality glass that's not an issue. Think about smoking hash... I'm using my ADS bong for hash hits right now ;) haha..

But OP, yeah, it can get you high, but it tastes like ass. Just get some buds.

9. Yes the glass absolutely gets quite brittle.

Unless as was said it's quality glass specifically made for that, which most bowls are not.

10. You'll probably just catch a buzz from the butane :laughing:

11. #12 Nizbomb, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
    You don't have to scrape a bowl to get out the resin. Also, don't listen to these guys saying that it's bad to smoke resin. It's just like smoking weed. There is still just as much black shit going into your lungs.

12. I'm surprised you found your way out of apprentice and into general.

It works fine, do it all the time.

13. You hit bowls with a zippo?? Resin hits at that.. Shit must taste like striaght booty!

14. [quote name='"natsdynasty"']My friend told me that he hit an empty bowl and got high off it. He called it resin hits.

If I was to hit my empty bowl, would I be able to get high? And if so, how high?

I smoke pretty much every day, so I have a good amount of resin in my bowl I believe. It is a clear bowl, but it is very dark now because of all the resin.

I would prefer to not scrape it because I have to smoke out my window tonight and would prefer to not risk much smell.

Thanks guys!![/quote]

You'll get high. It'll be gross though, taste gross, and it won't be the best for you.

But...you'd live, you'll get high, and it would save you money. I don't do it routinely, and haven't in a hell of a long time, but I have done it. To successfully release resin you're going to have to hold a flame to it for a while, or get a torch lighter. I always used a torch lighter, as it did the job far better.

If you have bud though, or can get bud, I recommend it.