Hit me with some good internet radio stations?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ghostonvacation, Aug 18, 2012.

1. #1 ghostonvacation, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    I love the music I own, not really getting bored of it but would like some variety :smoke:

Any blades know any good internet radio shows? I dig music, whatever you got I will give it an ear.

Thanks ya'll

:smoking:

edit: Doesn't need to be exclusively broadcasted online, so long as I can access it on the internet post it up in here!

2. What kind of music do you normally listen to?

3. Hm, thats the thing...I would like to find some new music, something different then the stuff I play on the regular. I listen to ambient electronic, weird drone metal, sludge, garage punk. I also like some hip hop as well...was really just wondering if there were any stations that people enjoy that play authentic music, perhaps also tunes from years past as well (not just the current records). I can actively listen to and enjoy almost any type of music, was interested in getting outside my comfort zone a little bit.

4. [quote name='"ghostonvacation"']

Hm, thats the thing...I would like to find some new music, something different then the stuff I play on the regular. I listen to ambient electronic, weird drone metal, sludge, garage punk. I also like some hip hop as well...was really just wondering if there were any stations that people enjoy that play authentic music, perhaps also tunes from years past as well (not just the current records). I can actively listen to and enjoy almost any type of music, was interested in getting outside my comfort zone a little bit.[/quote]

I'm not familiar with any of those genres.. haha

what general type of music are you looking to listen to?

5. Hahah yeah genres are funny I guess, soo many.

In the most basic sense, I like electronic music, metal, and rock and roll. Thats a top 3 for me...hard to limit things like that but I suppose thats what I enjoy.

6. [quote name='"ghostonvacation"']

Hahah yeah genres are funny I guess, soo many.

In the most basic sense, I like electronic music, metal, and rock and roll. Thats a top 3 for me...hard to limit things like that but I suppose thats what I enjoy.[/quote]

Not a big fan of any of those. Aha sorry man, hopefully someone will pop up in here and give you some good recommendations though :)

7. Magic 92.5, San Diego's old skool. My dad got me turned onto this, it's and oldies disco/funk radio station. I dig it.

8. Thanks homey I appreciate it :D

Thats whats up! Got it on now, good look.

9. bump

found this East Village Radio -> Home

They have a real wide array of shows, some of them aren't my cup of tea but they are all pretty interesting.

What you got?

10. I have tunein radio on my iPod and it has a bunch of different stations

11. thanks man, just downloaded it :)

12. slacker radio

13. Pandora and last.fm are the only 2 I use..

Not radio stations, online streaming music.. Much better Imo

14. [quote name='"tnh"']Pandora and last.fm are the only 2 I use..[/quote]

Yup me too.

15. Strange, that app got randomly added to my phone without my having downloaded it but I ended up just deleting it :smoke: Will have to look into it now

Are these two similar? Which would you recommend?

16. [quote name='"ghostonvacation"']

Strange, that app got randomly added to my phone without my having downloaded it but I ended up just deleting it :smoke: Will have to look into it now

Are these two similar? Which would you recommend?[/quote]

Pandora. I mainly use last.fm just to keep track of what I listen to

17. Thanks to all for the recommendations, very excited to discover some new artists and websites.

18. [quote name='"ghostonvacation"']

Strange, that app got randomly added to my phone without my having downloaded it but I ended up just deleting it :smoke: Will have to look into it now

Are these two similar? Which would you recommend?[/quote]

Pandora is better Imo, last.fm on Xbox stops playing music after a hour. You have to restart it.. I believe Pandora goes for 2 hours without having to restart it.