Hit me with some feedback.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GeTTeR, Dec 15, 2013.

1. I'm 18 in my senior year of hs. I smoke at least 4-5 times a week. I want to go to college but I feel like I can't handle going straight from hs to college. I need a year to myself to just get to my roots. I want to be an architect I have a great portfolio of actual projects that I have designed and some that are built. The biggest being a 50ft arch bridge. Even with that under my belt I don't think I can handle it. I have so much pressure on me to do well from my family that I can't focus. It doesn't help that I feel like I'm falling for a girl that is just like me but I can't seem to bag. Everything seems like a blur. Any advice on what you would start to do in a situation like mine. Feel free to flame me. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. There is a lot I could tell you, but I dont know what advice you are looking for.

I came out of highschool and wanted to take a year break before college. I am now on my fourth year out of school and have yet to go to college.

I was going to go this next term but now im slapped with arrest charges, and will be going to probation/ adapt.

Long story short. Have a plan. Even if you dont complete it have something you are working for. After taking a year off from school, I didnt want to go back. If you have more self controll than me, you will be fine.

Im a baby when it comes to self controll.

Oh and take a toke for me when it comes time for my piss test lol.

3. [quote name="wtfjusthappened" post="19162763" timestamp="1387066966"]There is a lot I could tell you, but I dont know what advice you are looking for. I came out of highschool and wanted to take a year break before college. I am now on my fourth year out of school and have yet to go to college. I was going to go this next term but now im slapped with arrest charges, and will be going to probation/ adapt.Long story short. Have a plan. Even if you dont complete it have something you are working for. After taking a year off from school, I didnt want to go back. If you have more self controll than me, you will be fine.Im a baby when it comes to self controll. Oh and take a toke for me when it comes time for my piss test lol.[/quote]I feel like I just want to hear how others have done it and if anyone has been in my shoes. I feel really depressed and too much pressure to do anything. I feel like I'm unintentionally throwing out my life. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. i'll hit you with some
    [​IMG]

5. #5 wtfjusthappened, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    Well dont feel presured by scociety. I know how you feel though. I felt like that for years, until I realized that if I was happy, I wasnt wasting anything.

Scociety has many expectations, but what truly matter for yourself are your expectations.

And really there is never a moment in life where it is too late. I know people in there 30s that finally went to college ect. And are glad they waited. They are doing fine now.

Life has its stages And it's never a waste.

6. [quote name="wtfjusthappened" post="19162810" timestamp="1387067579"]Well dont feel presured by scociety. I know how you feel though. I felt like that for years, until I realized that if I was happy, I wasnt wasting anything. Scociety has many expectations, but what truly matter for yourself are your expectations. And really there is never a moment in life where it is too late. I know people in there 30s that finally went to college ect. And are glad they waited. They are doing fine now. Life has its stages And it's never a waist.[/quote]I feel like I want to spend that year by myself on the appalachian trail. Stay out in nature with a big bag of weed. I habe hiked 30 miles of it so far on a small excursion. I felt like thays where I belonged. But I can't have a real life out there. I have my parents and others to think of. Living a life I want is selfish I feel. Its just hard. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. You don't have to give up your hobbies. You could take the break you want, and when you go to school, get a job etc, you can still plan time to do what you want in the outdoors during your spare time

8. The trick is to not think about anyone else. Even if you know what you do is for them, focus on yourself. What do you need to do for you to be better. Everything else can come after you settle you.

9. If you never try you will never succeed, whats the worse tjay could happen? You fail? Then you look on improving your weaknesses into strengths. You will feel better knowing that you tried and gave it your best rather than not trying and wondering whay could have been. I graduated recently too man im in the same boat. Goodluck Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. If you take that year off your fucked....go to school and don't fuck around that's it's you can get high as fuck and fucked up just go to school.

11. You have many decades to go through, take advantage of your youth while you can. Do the things a 40+ year old with a career and family wont ever have time for or you never will.

12. [quote name="GabeBrown" post="19162735" timestamp="1387066639"]I'm 18 in my senior year of hs. I smoke at least 4-5 times a week. I want to go to college but I feel like I can't handle going straight from hs to college. I need a year to myself to just get to my roots. I want to be an architect I have a great portfolio of actual projects that I have designed and some that are built. The biggest being a 50ft arch bridge. Even with that under my belt I don't think I can handle it. I have so much pressure on me to do well from my family that I can't focus. It doesn't help that I feel like I'm falling for a girl that is just like me but I can't seem to bag. Everything seems like a blur. Any advice on what you would start to do in a situation like mine. Feel free to flame me. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Simple. Don't go if you don't think you're ready. College isn't a free pass like high school was. I wasn't about the whole "study or you're gonna fail" thing so that's why I dropped it after one year. But that's all good in my case, I've been working with my pops learning the machinist trade and being a part time town worker. Gotta love government jobs hahaha

13. Well I decided to take a year off college about two years in, after a bunch of things went to complete shit in my life and I had a bit of a downward spiral. It's been years and I still haven't gone back. I'm not going to say it was a bad decision because it probably saved my life (mentally I was not doing well at all).

Here's something that you've really got to understand. Once you quite, it's really hard to go back. Life gets in the way. You get that full time job, because suddenly you're expected to pay for things (can't expect your parents to support you if you're not even going to school). Once you've got that job, you take on more responsibilities because you can afford it. You might finance a better car. Might even move out. Suddenly that job is really important; without it you're going to get things repossessed. You're going to get evicted. You're going to have things shut off. You can't afford food or anything. Then, when you want to go back, you have to fit school around your very necessary work schedule. That can be nearly impossible, depending on what your job is like. Even if it's not, work plus school is draining. You'll never have enough time to do either thing properly. Plus school costs a fuckload, and all that help you might have with it now, may not be there when you decide to go back.

I mean, I can't tell you what the right thing to do is, but you need to seriously think about this further than "school is a lot of pressure, I'd rather go live in the woods."

14. Just go to collage you won't regret it, when I was your age I was getting great marks at college,enjoying a great social circle at school, was in a band (great fun) writing music, working on a few websites part time for friends, as well as cultivating kilos of high grade cannabis at my parents farm in my free time; it was truly the peak of my life, for those few years everything was just perfect and I was truly happy and content with life, so I reckon you should skip the year break and just get stuck into life, exceed St your hobbies

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

15. Bro... In my honest opinion, if u feel like taking a year off is the right / best/ what h wanna do right now in your life to help yourself grow, expand, experience, then do it..

I was in similar shoes, and I decided to go to college right away after hs, and honestly I had a lot if fun freshman year, but looking back last year (my junior yr of college), and even now, I so wish/ NEEDED a year in there somewhere to take a year off and just discover/ explore myself, and just LIVE without the pressures of skool, and family, and what not.

Do u bro, I really hope you take some time off and go travel and explore the woods, and get really, REALLY high ha, and just take some time for u. It sounds like your a cool kid, and just take some time bro , srsly. It's never to late to start doing anything and switch ur mind up ( and that includes skool , work, and/or whatever else u wanna do in life. Good luck bro. And pm me if u would wanna talk about this sommore, or anything else.
    Buena suerte.

16. He's not quitting, he's just starting. I think there's a difference

17. In this context, no not really. All of my points still stand.

18. Unless you pick up a major responsibility (kids mainly) its no harder to go to school at any point, except for having to relearn things youve forgotten.

Unless youve committed crimes/destroyed credit to the point you cant get student loans, or otherwise have made it financially impossible to attend

19. Thanks for the feedback. I think I know that I have to go to college right away or my lazy ass will not go back to schooling not that its a necessity to live but I choose it for myself. I think before I settle for a full time job ill just have a year of fun on the trail to clear my head and get ready for my next chapter of life. Thanks for your input again. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. If I was you I would go straight to college. I decided to go and get a job instead of going to college the first year out of HS. I still have yet to go, it's my second year out of school and I decided to just go into the military cause I usually have a lack of motivation, but they do pay you a shit ton and pay for your college so I can't really complain.

DON'T PROCRASTINATE!! You'll defiantly regret it