hit and run!?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by uscalus storm, Aug 22, 2012.

1. So today after enjoying a few bowls my finest greens..I got in the car with a friend to go move a few things. Unfortunately we backed up too far, hit a van, exchanged a very curious and aroused face, she threw it in first and all I could say was "go" with a very intense tone as if I were confused why I was joining in on her decision. She drove, dropped me off at my house 7 blocks away. She went home and that was that. I asked if she had insurance (assuming that's why she wanted to run(or cuz of paraphenilia)) and she said yes..so I suggested going back to drop it off and apologize saying you were in a rush.

What would be the best thing to do at this point? I mean technically I was an accomplice, and I'm sure someone saw me or knew where we were hanging out. Not a good thing to be in trouble.

2. Were there any mark or dents in the van? If so, you should probably go talk to your friend and see if she was planning on saying anything. I would hope if someone fucked with my car, they'd let me know. But who knows with some people.

3. That's what I'm saying...my cars been hit twice and I never knew who did it. If its a scratch I think the couple hundred is worth the consequences of a H&R. She said there weren't damages on her truck and I guess i,m walkin back to inspect the van. Sooo sketch.

4. People like you guys just cost me $2300 [low estimate] in damage.

[​IMG]

Might not look too bad at first glance, but the bumper has to be replaced and whatnot.
    Police won't do anything because there were no witnesses. So I'm fucked.

Grow some balls, own up to your actions.

5. Well I don't think it would get to the level of a hit and run. As long as nobody was hurt and there weren't any witnesses who got plate numbers, she'll probably get away with it.
    Sucks for the other people though.

6. 2300? Sorry mate but what crack are you smoking? The max you would have to pay for that is like 700 and thats a rip, im sure you can get that lookin new for 400

7. I literally walked by and saw no scratches so I doubt getting cops or anyone involved would be necessary. I decided to tell her its up to her but if it were my i'd leave some information. so guess its on her.

8. #8 Lenny., Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    That was the professional estimate, and doesn't matter how much it cost, the cost burden shouldn't have had to be on me or my insurance.

9. Yeah that's really all you can do. No harm, no foul.

10. That is pretty fucked up. But I agree it should be 2,300 it should be between 350-500 for a bumper about 175 for the tail light and then about 500-700 if you have an expensive body worker.

Luckily I have an uncle who owns a body shop so normally when I find dents we just pop them out sand/buff out the whole exterior and repaint. It takes a while but its cheap.

11. ouch Lenny88
    dope acura, sorry about the hit & run.

that is bullshit.
    somebody cracked my taillight & scratched my bumper last week,
    not near as bad as yours, but still pissed me off.

i have full coverage thankfully.

OP should have man'd up and left a note or something.

12. [quote name='"WeedSlayer"']

That is pretty fucked up. But I agree it should be 2,300 it should be between 350-500 for a bumper about 175 for the tail light and then about 500-700 if you have an expensive body worker.

Luckily I have an uncle who owns a body shop so normally when I find dents we just pop them out sand/buff out the whole exterior and repaint. It takes a while but its cheap.[/quote]

Maan...that's what I need. The hood of my trans am has been peeling :(

At the time she did what she felt she had to and unless my life was in danger I don't think I'm getting out of a moving truck ;)

13. If there's no damage, no harm no foul. But next time, check before driving away.

14. I don't sweat it. It's not my car it's one of my brother's cars. If someone did 2300 worth of damage to my Hyundai it could have been salvaged. That would have been scary.

15. I would have said if your around the Pittsburgh area I would have my uncle do it for you, but hes booked full. I guess there's not many auto body shops around here if they can wait months to get their whips fixed? But PM me if your around the PA area and ill hook you up with his number and at least if its cheaper even with gas plus it could be a road trip. Then we can smoke together probably.

16. #16 TehPhoneGuy, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
    you be trippin for 2300$. damage shown in this picture costed 900$ and thats with a new windshield door,hood, fender, took a deer out.
    [​IMG]
    on topic, i dont know how no damage occurs when to vehicles collide.:smoke:

17. Damn dude that's a real sweet deal for 900$ especially if insurance chips in. A windshield alone is about 300$ plus installation is another id say 200-400$ that's about 500-600$ without the other stuff so yeh keep the repair person you have they know how to keep customers in a well priced range.

18. #18 TehPhoneGuy, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
    insurance was taken off full coverage a week before the previous owner hit the deer, so no insurance, it does come up as a accident on the vin lookup, so that sucks though.

i bought all parts for 800$, my uncle is body mechanic for about 20 years now and he said he would put parts on, so he did and i gave him 100$, he did it in my driveway since it would of been cheaper than labor his shop, cost me 202$ to get a windshield from his shop, thats labor ect, cheap shit.

19. Lolol I had a hit and run when I was 16 and just had my license, hit a brand spanking new BMW and did about 4k worth of damage I think. Some dick waiting for my spot saw me do it, called it in, and when I got back from hockey practice I was greeted by some police. It was fun!

20. Do you not have full coverage? I mean these days full coverage is a necessity. You're bound to get your car fucked up someday somehow.