Histussive-HC Cough Syrup

Discussion in 'General' started by bhoward3, Jun 4, 2007.

1. went to the doctor today, got prescribed this stuff for "having trouble sleeping due to my cough"....anyways, i was wondering what i can do with this? is it safe enoguh to drink a large enough dose to make me feel, happy?

this is whats in it

""Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine. It blocks the effects of the naturally occurring chemical histamine in the body and reduces congestion.
    Hydrocodone is a narcotic. It is a pain reliever and a cough suppressant.
    Phenylephrine is a decongestant. It works by constricting (shrinking) blood vessels (veins and arteries) in the body. Constriction of blood vessels in the sinuses and nose decreases congestion.
    Chlorpheniramine, hydrocodone, and phenylephrine is used to treat cough and nasal congestion associated with upper respiratory tract infections and allergies.""

2. It probally gets you sleepy.. thats about it. I wont risk having too much of that, it looks cheesy.

3. uhhh did you not notice it has hydrocodone in it......?? uh.....yeah........

4. Well, we all know what hydrocodone does, so I'll just skip over that.

As for the Chlorpheniramine.

And the Phenylephrine --

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't mess with it. The phenylephrine works by constricting your blood vessels and can raise your blood pressure. That, in addition to the physiological side effects brought on by the chlorpheniramine, I doubt could be good for you.

Honestly, if you take your dosage, you'll probably feel a little something. I'm sure that taking a much higher dosage than recommended will end in health problems for you.

5. I don't know if they other chemicals are safe or not. You might not want to take a large amount until your sure that those won't kill you.

hah darkside, hydrocodone just making you sleepy?:rolleyes:

6. bump
    more opinions

7. if you wanna drink it and risk harming yourself go ahead

but I'm pretty sure everyone else on this forum will also suggest that you only have the recommended dose.

8. my opinion: smoke weed. it's strong enough right?

9. its basically hydrocodone, and the other two ingredients besides dxm in corciden (sp?) and lots of people trip off this, in very, very excessive use problems are seen, not in recreational use

10. I took that syrup until i hit 35mg (over a couple hours) or so of hydrocodone and noticed no ill health effects. The bottle didn't last 3 days. though i know the other two ingrediants are bad, i tried to keep it right under the levels that are said to be dangerous but i probably went over a little.