history of indoor growing

Discussion in 'General' started by User_name89, Jul 30, 2017.

1. does anybody know of any type of collective reading material about the history of indoor weed growing?

us history? world history? im curious

2. ive tried to google 1950s indoor grow tech and nothing comes up, but i cant help but feel like at least a few soldiers back from ww2 would have experimented in the 50's growing their own.

if their exploits helped pave the way to how we do today, id love to know

3. i should specify and say im in the states, and i was refering to us troops

4. I've found a few references about growers in the late 60s early 70s back from Vietnam using 8 foot T12 HO (high output) and VHO (Very High Output) F96T12VHO fixtures and stacking them in shelves and doing 12-12 start to finish. It's about all you'd get from the early lamps.
    Old 60s and 70s street lights are 1500 watt Mercury Vapor tech and while they do put out a shit load of light the spectrum is crappy for plants so that never really went anywhere until the LPS (low pressure sodium) and HPS (High Pressure Sodium) lamps came into general road lighting use and people started to figure out they could flower under them.
    My 2 cents.
    BNW

5. Study Thomas Alba Edison and the light bulb. That should be a good start.

6. It's crazy to think that the growers from back then literally had nothing but trial and error to go off of for growing. I feel so lucky to have the internet

• Like Like x 1