Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

History of Indica in the US

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by LosAngelesDS, May 6, 2010.

1. I have been smoking since the late 70's and first remember Indica hitting Los Angeles around 1981.....At least that is when my supplier named "Russ" got it in stock. He just referred to it as "Skunk"....we called it Russbud. Used to cost between $15-20 an 1/8th.

Anyone know the history of Indica in the US, or when they first saw it?

2. Skunk #1 was actually a hybrid, not really a pure Indica or pure Sativa, though it is/was Indica dominant.

I started to see Afghani and Hindu Kush strains around 1980. Had my first taste of well grown indoor Kush sometime after that.

EDIT:

As for the history, George Washington imported seeds from India, which would definitely have been Indicas.

3. first time i smoked weed it was a indica kush, of course i had no strain knowledge or any weed knowledge... grown alot in 6 years since then.

all i know is pure indica+vong (vapo into bong)= mind BLASTING