Historical White Privilege/Culture & Systemic Racism Collide with 21st Century Equality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChiefRunningPhist, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Kim Potter is most like...

1. Betty Shelby

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Amber Guyger

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. that doesn't give you free reign to condemn others for their beliefs. you display a lot of contempt and borderline hatred for others. you seem intelligent but you are entirely biased in your pov imo.

anyway, "some" black live matter but apparently "some" dont. i'm not sure where you land on the line :confused_2:

take your anti-religious diatribe and memes somewhere else. we're all here to talk about BLM, not pictures with words.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. #1583 Jaspurr, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
    That's how you see it, perhaps you're offended by the harsh reality of white supremacy; it's not pretty.

In order to reveal to you how bad it really is I have to show to you, with examples, what happened over the years and how white supremacy has adversely affected the lives of minorities.

You find that hard to accept and deal with and immediately take offence to that for some reason, then you jump up and down screaming 'antisemitism' and 'white hate' when it's clearly not the case.

I'm guessing you hoped that there was another reason, one that can leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling inside but sadly there isn't. Whites did horrible things.

I also notice you quickly jumped to cries of antisemitism when I've posted more articles on other issues, the Brits destroying India, colonialism in Australia, systemic racism in the USA, etc. but the moment Israel was mentioned you quickly singled that out, something only 'you' considered to be antisemitic when in fact it was not antisemitic. Criticising policies of a country is not antisemitic and I posted facts, it was exactly what the Israeli govt. did; examples of white supremacy.

I think I've explained myself rather well, showing the injustice that blacks have received as a result of white supremacy. Of course, all black lives matter, why shouldn't they?

I've also contributed in the other thread and that will also give you a glimpse of where I stand on the issue.

Changing the way we police in America

j

• Winner Winner x 1

3. ok. you win. you're the hero. good luck with that. all you've brought up is a bunch of historical BS. talk about today not yesterday. i'm done with this portion of this convo. g'day shelia!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. #1585 Jaspurr, May 2, 2021
    I have been, you'd have to be naive if you think the injustices of the past have no consequences today.

I'm sure you'd be familiar with 'learning from past mistakes otherwise you're doomed to repeat them.'

Oh yeah, the first word of this thread is:

Historical

j

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. i guess i cant help myself: so what? what color of people hasnt done horrible things? you're clearly biased. this is the 21st century, if you're feeling oppressed then it's due to your own insecurities or some combination of maladies. i'm no dr. or therapist so i cant help you with that.

i really dont care about any of that. it is history and it's interesting but i dont think we're doomed to repeat any of it. i dont care whatever is going on about israel or it's internal or external issues. imo the whole of the ME is a source of major contention for the rest of the planet.

you've contributed so much it's hard to filter it. seems to me to be all over the map with just a bunch of blah blah. quite frankly i dont read much of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Communication is an art. I like to be mindful of my use of space and empty space. Sometimes not saying anything is the most effective way to be heard.

Plus I type awful slow so i like to keep my thoughts brief. Seriously though, it took me like ten minutes to write this!

• Like Like x 1
  7. #1588 Jaspurr, May 2, 2021
    I guess you can't. You're a sucker for punishment.

The topic of this thread,

Historical White Privilege/Culture & Systemic Racism Collide with 21st Century Equality

that's what!

Absolutely!

No argument there, finally something we can agree upon.
    We don't live in a society where every racial group has equal power, status and opportunity.

Yes, white people all over the world throughout history have experienced slavery and persecution but have not been enslaved, colonised or forced to segregate on the scale that black people have.

They do not face housing or job discrimination, police brutality, poverty or incarceration at the levels that black people do.

This is not to say that they do not experience things like poverty and police brutality at all but again, not on the same scale - not even close.

No I am not, take a look at the title of this thread:

This is why we're all talking about white privilege.

Perhaps you should start your own Black Privilege thread where you can discuss ways to oppress black people even further
    - good luck with that.

I am not feeling oppressed, what gives you that impression?

... oh yeah, it's your comprehension deficiency.

Previously you criticised me for picking on the USA, so to balance out my views and prove to you I'm not simply US bashing, I posted similar issues faced in other countries.

Now you criticise me for that; in no uncertain terms, you simply have a major hard-on for being argumentative.

Have a guess what caused that?

Colonialism!

White Europeans divided up the middle east into countries to benefit themselves, the Europeans.

I'll let American politician, political commentator, author and retired professional wrestler Jesse Ventura (Yes the same one that starred in Predator) explain that to you far better than I can.

It's a short clip so be sure to give this a watch before you come back even more argumentative, more incoherent and with no decent contribution to this thread.

j

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Holy shit...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Of course you’re US bashing. You throw out an occasional comment about somewhere else, constantly circling back to your US hate rhetoric.

j

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. #1591 Jaspurr, May 2, 2021
    Hilarious; what next?
    Let me guess, are you going to accuse me for 'white bashing' in a thread about systemic racism?

lol, you guys are too much.

What is it; are you embarrassed that I know so much about the USA, or is it you've come to realise the whole world knows about the USA's systemic racism and you're not proud of it?

Reading just some of the previous comments, this thread is intrinsically about racism in the US and I don't deny that it happens in Australia and many other western countries. In fact it was very bad in Australia and it's also embarrassing for me to have to acknowledge it happened here but it did, it's part of our racist history and we have to admit it, own it and pay the consequences of the blow back and now the law suits from the indigenous for their suffering, stolen land, etc.

Our indigenous were considered 'fauna' up until 1967 - beat that!

j

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. So much progress being made in this thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. You’re embarrassing yourself and can’t even see it.

j

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. HAHAHA, While I was away, I had a feeling someone would pick up on that before I had a chance to rewrite it.

I admit it came out wrong ... it wasn't what I was meaning to say. So I retract that.

I'm guessing I'm older than some of you and I may have knowledge on some things you were too young to know about or recollect.

For example, are any of you old enough to have watched Muhammad Ali fight live?
    Have you seen him talk about the racial inequality he experienced in the USA at the time?
    He was a great man, sharp witted and had a very good sense of humour.

Here is one very funny interview, another short clip but if you're too busy to watch; some highlights:

I asked my momma,
    I said, ‘Momma, how come everything is white?’
    I said, Why is Jesus white with blonde hair and blue eyes?
    Why is the Lord’s Supper all white men?
    Angels are white, Pope, Mary, everything.

I said, ‘Mother, When we die, do we go to heaven?’
    She said, ‘Naturally we go to heaven’

I said, ‘What happened to all the black angels when they took the pictures?’
    Were they in the kitchen?

I just won the Olympic gold medal defeating America's so-called threats and enemies and I couldn't eat downtown.

The lady said, 'we don't serve negroes' and I said, 'and I don't eat them either'

I had to leave that restaurant in my home town where I went to their church and served in their christianity.....

j

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. When you quoted me you completely changed my post. I didn't mention Muslims or Iraq but thanks for the lesson anyway. I'll give it the consideration it deserves.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah, I hadn't realised at the time the comment is one you quoted from someone else hahaha.

I had to edit your comment for it to make sense.

I also notice you quoted Iraq again in your reply. See above where it says 'click to expand'

j

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. So not only do you know more about US history than Americans do but now you’re older than most of us and have seen more.

Its cool. I understand. I’m done with the back and forth.

j

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. It wasn't my comment. Here's the quote from your post that you attributed to me.....
    Cactus Ed said:
    I know a few Muslims from Iraq that are not Islamic is Iraq not muslim?
    Honest question

I never said that. I haven't said anything about Iraq in this thread, not one time. I say enough stupid shit without you making up quotes and attributing them to me.

18. #1599 Jaspurr, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021

19. #1600 Jaspurr, May 2, 2021
    Where did I say 'most'?

Are you old enough to have watched Muhammad Ali fight live and seen him talk about the racial inequality he experienced in the USA at the time?

j

• Agree Agree x 1