Hipsters

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by igggeric, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Also, maybe something more relatable, you have an OF avatar, that's your musical taste, that doesn't make you a hipster, hipsters are the kids you see wearing ofwgkta shirts and you ask them their favorite member or song. "uhh... Yonkers" or "I just saw them on MTV and liked them" they dont really know anything about or appreciate the music.

2. So hipsters brag about.... eating organic vegetables and stuff?

I know those people that brag about smoking weed. That's obnoxious. I tell people that it's good to eat organic vegetables, but I'm not self-righteous about it. I'm too poor to buy organic all the time.

3. I wouldn't call OF my musical taste at all. They put out some shit I listen to. Nothing more.

4. [quote name='"bahookahjoe18"']

So hipsters brag about.... eating organic vegetables and stuff?

I know those people that brag about smoking weed. That's obnoxious. I tell people that it's good to eat organic vegetables, but I'm not self-righteous about it. I'm too poor to buy organic all the time.[/quote]

Exactly. You eat them because you're health conscience and you probably just suggest it out of helpfulness. Hipsters do things for image id say, and are the people who do things to be seen doing them, whether it's dress, shopping somewhere, or listening to music, they're the people that will just move onto the next big "hip" thing as soon as too many people like the music they like.

Also dirtysix my mistake, just a wrongful assumption, more of an example really.

5. [quote name='"DirtySix"']

So you met one bitch and stereotyped the whole lot? What makes you better than her?

And then you trash shpongle and prog rock? This is getting hilariously ironic.

It really isn't. Again, this is obviously just a blind stereotype of everyone who dresses a certain way you deem to be "hipster".[/quote]

I most definitely is a personality, to be 'hip' you have to dress, talk, and think alike, if you don't they don't accept you. I'm from seattle, the only place MORE dominated by hipsters is portland, where I went to college.

6. So we went from, "here you go again judging an entire group of people that you don't know anything about. "

to "You don't know anything about the punks I encountered."

without me implying or saying I knew anything about the specific situation you talked about.

These are the strawmen I talked about a few pages earlier. :hello:

7. and just for the record, I hate those thick-framed glasses.

8. #88 DirtySix, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    That wasn't a statement

It was a true or false question.

That you failed to answer.

9. But that's my entire point. People see the OF avatar and make a million assumptions about who I am. Just like people see how someone looks and make a million assumptions about their personality.

I assume you're basing how they talk and think on never actually meeting these people, right?

10. hipsters get blisters. that's what i always say :D

11. [quote name='"DirtySix"']

Oooh, more isolated incidents used to generalize a group of people.

I don't know why you can't blame the shit head that said it instead of everyone else.

I've had the same kind of leering and bullshit from "punks" but do you see me saying that punks are elitist pricks?[/quote]

No, we hate everyone. And this wasn't an isolated incident, there's a pub called pies and pints I walk by every day. And it's usually different people, but they're always hipsters.

12. Bars have demographics?! APPALLING.

13. Hipsters who listen to indie music for the sake of listening to indie music, not because of music taste. And everything that they do is to create a hip image for themselves and not because they like it, are no better than bros.

14. It was just you trying to save face with a strawman. I never implied or stated that I knew anything about the incident you talked about. But since you couldn't refute what I said, you come up with something similar (but different). That is a strawman.

15. [quote name='"DirtySix"']

Bars have demographics?! APPALLING.[/quote]

Wow. So you obviously haven't been reading more than the first sentances of my posts. I make these statements based on the numerous COUNTLESS run-ins I've had with the millions of hipsters that live in seattle.

To me they're like cops, I've never had a positive run-in with one, I've never done something really illegal to get punished, but I've been thrown to the ground for running to catch a bus, etc etc, I know there are good cops/hipsters out there, but in my THOUSAND UPON THOUSANDS of encounters with them, I haven't seen one. And THAT is why I don't like hipsters. Personal experience.

16. YEAH! Fuck this thread!

17. [quote name='"bahookahjoe18"']

and just for the record, I hate those thick-framed glasses.[/quote]

Me too
    xD saw probably 20,000 people in them at lollapalooza this summer.

18. [quote name='"DirtySix"']
    But that's my entire point. People see the OF avatar and make a million assumptions about who I am. Just like people see how someone looks and make a million assumptions about their personality.

[/quote]
    Please, that's assuming nothing outside of you listening to them. If I had an odd future shirt on you would I assume I like their music, If I had a raiders shirt on you would assume I liked them, of course I'd assume you listen to them, I assume everyone with a dead head avatar enjoys the grateful dead. :O

19. I assume you like the gorillaz