Hipsters

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by igggeric, Nov 14, 2011.

1. I just don't understand why they're a bad thing...

2. I actively support local artists, musicians, and businesses. I'm friends with these people, why wouldn't I help them?

So any artist, really.

Of Montreal, Talib Kweli, Aesop Rock, Neutral Milk Hotel

All fantastic artists.

I make independent short films and enter them into international film challenges. We do very well.

Basic clothing items sold at MOST department stores.

I have a pair of fuzzy SB's and I'm covered in tattoos.

I respect what I put in my body.

My 50 year old aunts favorite beer is Pabst.

:laughing:

3. I had to post this one :)[​IMG]

4. They're not.

Prejudicial people base their opinions of a whole group of people based on minimal actual interaction with maybe a few that could be lumped into the "stereotype".

More often than not, these days, it's just a word thrown around when someone doesn't like how the person acts but the comments are always directed towards how they look instead.

5. I always thought jocks and wiggers were fuckheads...

hahahaha

but really...

6. [quote name='"OutOnTheTiles"']and this one [/quote]

Hahahahaha.
    Fuck hipsters man, my whole city is full of them.

7. I like Star Fucking Hipsters... So I'm hip right?

8. According to that, yes. But I generally would withhold the hipster label until I see the hipster glasses.

9. [quote name='"DirtySix"']How many people trashing hipsters have ever actually been scoffed at in person by one of them?

It's a fashion trend

Not a personality type.[/quote]

I have, by them on the street, strangers and shit. I walk out with my 7.5" mohawk and my ratty clothes and I've had one yell "get a job! " (I work 40 hours a week" and hipsters dominated my hs and all talked shit to punk/metalhead (I know, 10 years ago that cross would be unheard of) me. So fuck 'em. Fuck em all, now when they TALK shit. I beat ass

10. [quote name='"RingOfSmoke"']

I have, by them on the street, strangers and shit. I walk out with my 7.5" mohawk and my ratty clothes and I've had one yell "get a job! " (I work 40 hours a week" and hipsters dominated my hs and all talked shit to punk/metalhead (I know, 10 years ago that cross would be unheard of) me. So fuck 'em. Fuck em all, now when they TALK shit. I beat ass[/quote]

This post is full of win.

11. I love punks dude. :smoking: +rep

12. Oooh, more isolated incidents used to generalize a group of people.

I don't know why you can't blame the shit head that said it instead of everyone else.

I've had the same kind of leering and bullshit from "punks" but do you see me saying that punks are elitist pricks?

13. Nobody does, because they aren't.

You asked a question, then when you get an answer you get super defensive. :hello:

14. This whole hipster lable is something that has always confused me. I mean I hate top 40 radio and believe in individualism and all that. Does that mean I'm some thick brim glasses wearing motherfucker who's majoring in post-modern poetry.

15. Oh look, here you go again judging an entire group of people that you don't know anything about. Prejudicial. Even if it is positive.

Boy is your face red.

16. lolol

right?

17. >Implying I don't know anything about a group of people.

Boy is your face red.

18. #79 KiefSensei, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    I'd just Like to say, you're not a hipster if you dress like that, listen to that music, and whatnot; you're a hipster if you do all that and you make a big deal about it, and you're constantly in people's face about how indie or hip you are, just like people who smoke and are like "DUDE i just smoked 5 grams of pineapple express I'm so high man do you see that? Let's listen to reggae man" see, I LOVE smoking and reggae, but not people like that. Idk, I hope this makes sense, I'm high. The same as posers in any clique or trend really, that's what it's like here.
    That's my opinion at least.

19. You don't know anything about the punks I encountered.

True or false?