Hipsters

Discussion in 'General' started by Lyris5, May 5, 2009.

1. #1 Lyris5, May 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  2. Thats alot of hate right there. What did hipsters ever do to you?

3. I don't hate them I just think they suck. I mean look at them. They're probably nice people but if you look like that you really suck.

4. #4 full melt, May 5, 2009
    Uh... ok. That makes sense in a close minded way... :confused_2:

5. My school is filled to the brim with hipsters. They really do suck, they're very conceited and shallow. If you don't dress in Urban Outfitters and wear those dorky glasses and lame plaid scarves they don't want nothin to do with you.

6. [​IMG]

I'd hit it!

The rest I would hit with a sledgehammer and not feel guilt.

7. “A dance party divided against itself cannot stand.” - Gaybraham Lincoln

[​IMG]

... I lol'd.

8. Who cares? You're twice as bad as them for hating on them. They can choose to dress how they like. It doesn't affect you at all. Get over it :rolleyes:

9. imagine how much balls it would take to dress like that everyday though, getting judged EVERYWHERE you go by fucks like you

10. Hey man, I don't judge originality and creativity, but people like this clearly are doing it for the sole purposes of attention and/or acting out due to some extenuating circumstances. Not bashing them, but don't get overly sensitive about it. I have no problem with homosexuality, different fashion, or anything of that nature at all. As for people acting out seeking attention... who cares.

11. #11 full melt, May 5, 2009
    Exactly the point im trying to get across. Why hate on someone for being an individual.

Those arent hipsters. If your school is anything like mine was those sound like the lame trendy kids... most of them do act like douchebags.

12. Are you serious? They are not unique or strange in any way. Go into any Urban Outfitters and you can pay for the over-priced clothes and look JUST like them. Hipsterism (if that's a word..) is a growing trend, you can find a hipster in any vintage clothing store.

And anyway it isn't about how they dress, they're little snobs who pay a bunch of money to look like a hobo. They're like the new version of the Beverly Hills spoiled brat.

Sorry, it's just I swear I'm surrounded by hipsters every day. They're obnoxious.

13. #13 Ringo11, May 5, 2009
    I think what you guys are failing to realize is hipsters are typically punk ass motherfuckers who talk down on everyone else and only associate with people in their hipster click. I could care less how someone dresses, but when your a douchebag and so is everyone else with your style then you clearly suck ass. They dress like that because they want to be different than anyone else, and when someone who isn't like them (as in a rich snobby douchebag) starts dressing like them or listening to their lame music they get pissed off for people "copying their style"

They also do drugs to be cool.

At least scene kids can be cool.

14. I think you've got the wrong idea of what a hipster is, then. Take a look at thecobrasnake.com, that will give you a very good idea of what a hipster is.

15. ok, when did i say they look unique?
    I said it took courage to dress like that, which i think even haters can agree on

why don't you give some examples of how they are obnoxious?

16. Exactly. I'm a very, very accepting person. I'll be friends with anyone who's friendly and open-minded, and I've tried befriending hipsters. But since I don't fit into their little image, and I don't do coke they turn their nose up at me. :rolleyes:

Whatever, I'd rather hang out with the potheads any day :smoke:

17. circa 2005, I rocked life out as a hipster. Then my parents cut me off and i'm reduced to being a poor sack of shit.

[​IMG]

LOLZ.

18. I was saying that since they're not unique, it takes no courage to dress the way they do. I didn't say that you said that they look unique, genius.

And I've already said why they're obnoxious. Try reading my previous posts.

19. #19 Ringo11, May 5, 2009
    Ok i gotta take back what i said about them ALL being douchebags. I know one girl who might be a hipster and she's pretty cool, but I also didn't realize she was a hipster until about 3 minutes ago because she's hot. Now that i'm noticing how she dresses and does her hair, yeah, i think she might be a hipster, or borderline at least, or some kinda hybrid, which would explain why she doesnt suck.

HIPSTERS IN SPACE!!!

http://current.com/items/89066132_hipsters-in-space.htm

episode 2

http://current.com/items/89960174_hipsters-in-space-judgementotron.htm

20. And why should I give you a detailed example? Not to sound rude, but I honestly don't give a shit what you think about hipsters, so why try and convince you?

I agree with the OP when he says Hipsters suck or whatever, because they do. I just figured I'd add to his original post by saying that they're snobby, conceited twats, it feels good to do so after dealing with them all day in class. Now I'm done. :)