Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Hippopotamus Vs polar bear

Discussion in 'General' started by Wizards, Dec 31, 2012.

1. two Very tough water and land fighters, both tanks. who wins? i say the bear cause he mobs walruses who have more fat then hippos i believe. but the hippo does have long ass canines.

2. polar bear would rape the hippo. resulting in a polarpotamus.

3. Hippo definitely, polar bear is a beast but hippos will kill just about anything besides an elephant.

4. Yeah a hippo's jaw would crush a polar bear.

5. no. polar bear would maul that thing before it got a chance to open its dumb mouth.

6. where are they fighting?

7. We need a honeybadger vs ____ thread :gone:

8. well they don't have gills but they both can hold their breath for a very long time, so it doesn't really matter, hippos are faster on land then you think, but polar bears are too. 18-19 mph for a tank. lol

9. A polar bear mauling a hippo wouldn't come close to being enough to stop it, but a hippo could literally rip open a polar bear in a matter of seconds

10. Have you ever seen a lion attack a hippo? They're tough bitches to bring down.

11. i saw it happen. polar bear won.

12. The hippos often win

13. vid.?

14. Hippos jaw strength is one of the strongest there is. I say it'd be close but the hippo would win

15. assuming we are doing the largest version of the animals ever found vs eachother.

According to Outdoor Life and the life book of world records, the largest polar bear ever recorded was 2,210 pounds and 11 feet in height. The polar bear was recorded after being shot in Kotzebue Sound, Alaska in 1960. The carcass was displayed at the Seattle World's Fair in 1962.

The largest Hippopotamus (Hippopotamus amphibius), reached a maximum size of 4,500 kg (10,000 lb).

now a 10,000 pound hippo is a fucking FATASS he can't move very fast at all vs. a 2210 pound 11 foot long bear with razor sharp teeth claws and maneuverability.

16. Who ever said it was the largest known? It should be just an average sized hippo versus an average sized polar bear. Or conduct a series of 100 fights against both and see who has the larger percentage.

17. I think the polar bear might win based on agility and the claws. The hippo will only really be able to use its mouth as a weapon. That gives the polar bear the reach advantage.

18. would take way to long for the bear to do any meaningful damage to a hippo. Have you seen a hippos skin?

19. Hippo skin is 1-2 inches thick at the most. No big deal for a bear:

[​IMG]