Hippies

Discussion in 'General' started by Aconites, Sep 30, 2008.

1. OLD

and they're lame

while they're wailing over a dead tree

they could be out there helping other trees from being cut down

what IDIOTS

2. ok....

first of all, its people like u who go around posting these things just to troll about a steroetype that really hurt.

second of all, why the fuck do u care what those people do? I honestly have cried over the loss of forest before myself. There was a grove of old growth that i had become very close with it was one of my "power spots" on this world where i would go to sit and think and enjoy the beauty of earth and i returned to it years later to find it clearcut and gove forever. the deforestation of our planet is some of the gnarliest shit that goes down politacly, econmicly, socialy, and with absolutley devistating effects to ecosystems. if there was anything to "cry" about deforestation is prob one of the best things. I suggest you do some research, open your mind, and stop being a fucking hater.

3. Not caring and hating; two completely different things.

You felt sad because you lost something that had a great impact on you. It's perfectly normal to cry over something you loved that is now lost. These people are in the middle of a forest screaming, crying, and attempting to talk to nature. These people had no previous connection with this particular forest. Your reason at least makes sense.

4. lighten up, it's funny.

5. So its out of the question that these people have a deep connection with nature in general?

Or does that not make any sense to you?

6. These people dont have a deep connection with nature. You don't have a personal relationship with these tree's, so what the fuck does crying accomplish. Maybe instead of crying and screaming like a little bitch they should be out there "peacefully protesting" against cutting down trees, since peaceful protest causes so much to change....:rolleyes:

Hippies- We want change!! But we're too high to do anything but hold signs and sing songs.

7. What is it about this that gives "hippies" a bad name?
    People can gain a strong connection for anything.
    These people happen to have a strong connection and affection with trees.

Environmentalists FTW.
    :)

8. Agreed that there are a lot of hippies out there who could better utilize their time for their cause.

However, if you don't understand the sort of connection a person can have with the earth, you're missing out.

9. I completely understand the connection a person can have with the Earth. I'm just saying they are overdoing it way too much, completely unnecessary.

10. I have a strong connection with two trees If they were destroyed by a stranger no doubt I would be upset.

Attached Files:

11. fuckin hippies :p

12. Yeah, this is the 3rd or 4th time I've seen this posted.

On another note, I could probably cry about a killed tree if I were on enough mushrooms. :D

13. then again, who are you to judge how they live their lifes?

you dont like people saying the stuff you do is very unnecessary.
    Their not hurting any one, let them do what they need to do.

14. #16 chemicalcomfort, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
  15. Then, perhaps you don't fully understand the person can have with the Earth?

:confused_2:

... just a thought.

16. this really made me lol so hard. I live in north carolina and I hope I never am hiking and come across these people. wierdos.

17. holy crap, i know those people. :eek: I can't believe they do that sort of shit.