Hip Hop HipHop round table.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ZarTheDragon, Feb 10, 2011.

1. yeah i see where your coming from.

I just take this lightly...not looking for anything real lyrical.

2. I'm not either, but I'm at least looking for quality. If I wanted to listen to crunk club beats I would turn on the radio know what I mean.

3. #63 ZarTheDragon, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    These beats are legit IMO. Lex lugers and shit. Not all of these would be on the radio. They were playing wiz and snoops that good. LOL

But congrats to wiz hes getting paid.

4. I'm just sayin' I don't want to listen to all beat, beats I hear everyday on the radio at that, when listening to Hip-Hop is all,.

He got paid for a Mixtape though that's news to me.:confused:

5. #65 ZarTheDragon, Feb 18, 2011
    I guess idk what they play in your city. But shits still bngin'

No not off a mixtape, just in genral. Dudes getting huge, NFL playoff performances and shit. Black and yellow went x2 platinum (LOL)

And from this production idk why he didn't sign with ross lol....

6. simple question:

is g-funk dead?

7. These beats just sound like the same exact beats I heard at my HS Prom when I was grindin' on my lady is all. So to me its not particularly bangin cuz it all sounds the same. I like to hear originality when I listen to shit at my pad.:confused_2:

Well ever since Nate Dogg got his 2nd stroke, yeah I suppose. Dre ain't exactly makin' them G-Funk beats no more.

8. I can't stand Wiz, or Mac Miller, or Taylor Gang...Wiz randomly became a joint smoking backpacker positive guy overnight and Mac Miller is the industry created, overnight version of wiz to try and target a different market. They're both just annoyingly quirky/stonerish and came from nowhere and are now making tons of money, IM MAD. Seriously, shit pisses me off that 5million white teenagers will buy and listen to their album many times, and never listen to any of the other LEGITIMATELY LYRICALLY METAPHORICALLY talented, compared to wiz and mac who just blow. seriously, watch some wiz khalifa or mac miller interviews, they're so annoyingly/quirky/madeup IMO, also i nthe interviews you can see they're dumbasses.

9. #69 ZarTheDragon, Feb 18, 2011
    They sound like lex luger made them...the whole tape sounds like a party. Wiz is funny, hes just likeable. You cant be mad at him for changing his image. Its art, shit changes.

10. People are talking on a thread somewhere on the internet about KID CUDI, WIZ KHALIFA, and MAC MILLER......

while somewhere Gift of Gab is shaking his head and laughing.

edit- and nothing about wiz or this new stream of shit is Art. THIS is Not what the founding fathers of hip hop ever fathomed. not mad, just disappointed......heavily

11. Atleast they're paying for music though. Music is subjective. Atleast nobody is in here talking about who is best.

I'm looking forward to hearing Yelawolf's album. Got true Southern skill, and his album should be bangin. Mixtapes are great, but I want to see that album worthy talent.

Still waiting for Game, Prodigy needs to hurry up and get out of jail. <--- As if he can control that. But still, P gotta have some grimmy lyrics by being up in there. Havoc got them grimmy beats, so it's a no brainer why they do good together.

Anyone hear about any possible Mobb albums or mixtapes coming when P gets out?

12. Agreed, it's like all rappers since 2000 haven't even tried to make good music since they couldn't match or beat the prior shit, they talk about weed money chevies guns and bitches, and still sell records.

13. It's just how shit goes. I'm disappointed, but not all new music is bad. Wiz is tolerable, but I can't call him great. He's the type of music he records, stoner music. That's why he's likable, and marketable. Kids like getting high and listening to music. They did it in the 60s, and they do it today. Music and drugs go hand in hand.

14. Son, drink some milk lol.

15. huh???

He's out on 7,500 bail, lame shit though, he made a u turn and then was caught hiding a .22 , lame way to get caught.

16. He's calling you a whinny baby.

17. "I like dough, but musically im transcending the physical" - gab

I'll leave it there.

18. Does anyone know if Heart breaker is the song RZA told Game to take off the mixtape because of the beat used?

19. Wiz is deff art...its just his art. Musid like this will be around because ppl dont always want something deep. Ppl like easy going music

& Hahaha P is so dumb.

20. I don't blame him though, dude is mad paranoid. I'd be holdin steel if I though I was gonna get popped at any minute. It just seems like a waste because that dude has talent, and Havoc just seems like he's on the backburner with him in prison.