Hip Hop HipHop round table.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ZarTheDragon, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Shit you know he HAD to bring back Dan the Automator and Kid Koala for cuts and shit

2. haha I just read about this. Meek been tryin to blow up for a couple years now, so I hope this helps his cause.

3. crazy how far Meeks come from when I first heardem. this from '05

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9C0JKilCGY]YouTube - Meek Millz freestyle[/ame]

and now I just seen this a few minutes ago..from this year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMm5AtMwAg]YouTube - "Believe Me" Meek Mill ft. Dave Patten Official Music Video [HD][/ame]

Hopefully he can get some albums out now with Maybach, not mixtapes like the last few years.

4. deltron does his own beats too tho....when i saw him in venice before a performance he was just making beats on his laptop.

i dont like mac milelr besides a few songs....maybe im just a hater.

5. #25 NowIsB, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
    Anyone heard of Pill?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUKfY8mFV0s&feature=related]YouTube - Pill - "Surroundings" [Freestyle][/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjHF2jA-gsA&feature=related]YouTube - Pill - On Da Korner[/ame]

Or Freddie Gibbs? Redic flow in this song.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOkFZZFhwIE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOkFZZFhwIE&feature=related[/ame]

or this..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu3KR1BkflY&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu3KR1BkflY&feature=related[/ame]

6. That's cuz Automator was busy ha. He does do his own beats but I wouldn't be surprised if he left it all to Dan the asian man. It's too important for him to be jerkin around with his own beats. Love Del, but Deltron 3030 was legend status b/c of Automator's collab. Just by himself, it would have been much more slept on.

7. #27 k.smith904, Feb 12, 2011
    Event II is gonna be epic.

Also looking forward to new One Be Lo album, new Atmosphere in April, and of course LASERS in a couple weeks.

Zion I & The Grouch, Pharoah Monch, and Cunninglynguists in March too.
    Blueprints and J-Live in April.

what else is dropping soon?

8. Wiz shouldn't have signed with Maybach. That's just not his scene, honestly. I hope he continues to shit with Ricky though.

On Currensy's signing: I'm kinda disappointed that he didn't stay independent, but seeing that his WB album will be produced by the Alchemist is dope. I hope Currensy continues to work with Ski Beatz though.

Kid Cudi also has a mixtape coming out in the summer, A Man Named Scott.

Let's have some fun. Blades, list your top 5 rappers right now. Not who you think is the best, just your 5 favorite rappers right now.

For me:

1. J. Cole
    2. Currensy
    3. Rick Ross
    4. Kanye West
    5. Wiz Khalifa
    5a. Big Sean
    :smoke:

9. #29 Flemian, Feb 12, 2011
    I been waiting for this new Outerspace album Brother Keeper for about a year now.. it was suppose to be released in March last year acourdin to Vinny in an interview for his album that dropped.

I been waiting for Game's R.E.D album for a while now too. I dont understand why he dont just say fuck you to the major labels and go independant. he dont get no air play or video play and now getting pushed back and back constantly. That albums gauranteed dope with the 3 mixtapes he's released the past few months.

I honestly feel indie is the rought to go now a days for most rappers. Unless your getting the full financial support and publicity that you feel you deserve from a record label then chances are your just a secondary act for them and better off takeing the fanbase you got and running with it independantly.

Top 5 ATM:

Celph Titled - 1990now Is a hot album.
    Game - the past few mixtapes have been fire.
    Kid Cudi - No real radio play but he got a following thats pretty solid
    Nicki Minaj - Just killing it honestly, out featured Jay Z on Kanye's 'Monster' track
    Wiz - I really only fuck with the prince of the city 1 mixtape since thats his rawrest and more street based raps but Kush and Orange juice got some good smoke songs on them, even tho the content is very restricted to women money and weed. But he's fuckin takeing over slowly. Shoulda stayed independant.

10. Oh, and Pill is dope! I hate to admit it, but I always forget about him. He is one of the realest rappers out right now though. He's actually a pretty smart guy in real life, and you can see that in his lyrics, despite the fact that he's kind of a trap rapper. But he should have a nice career if the record label doesn't screw him over (I think he might be WB, not sure though)

11. freddie gibbs is nice.

April 26, 2011 -Royce Da 5'9"-Success Is Certain
    April 19, 2011-!llmind-Behind The Curtain
    April 19, 2011-DJ Quik-The Book Of David
    February 15, 2011-Blu-Amnesia [Digital Release]

12. I feel like wiz on MMG he would have more controll than he does on antlantic. Curren$ys just trying to make some bread man, and with the entire album done by alchemist with spittahs ear...it should be fire.

top 5 ive been listening too lately.
    1.Jay-z
    2.Kanye
    3.Kendrick Lamar
    4.J.cole
    5.Big Sean

The games last mixtape was dope (mainly disc1) so maybe red will be dope whenever that drops...but idk if he should go independent. Is it the label holding the project back ? Like

13. YOU ARE A GOD.... :bowdown !!!

<====FRMM DA CITY...WHERE WALE REP..!!!
    <======SMOKE TO WIZ ALLLDAYYY!!!! (AND WALE)...SO I DEF. WANNA SEE THEM GET MONEY...AND EXPOSURE...ANY WAY THEY CAN!!!!
    <=====DIDNT KNWW ANYTHING BOUT JAYxKANYE CD BUT GOOD LOOK FOR THA HEADS UP!!!!
    <=====ANNDDDD CANNOT WAIT FOR FUCKIN LASERS!!!!!!!! "THE SHOW GOES ON":smoke:

BUT MY ***** WALE HAD A SHOW IN ATL...AT CAU AND HE GOT INTO IT WITH PROMOTERS/SECURITY...AND JUSS LEFT THE SHOW...
    I THOUGHT IT WAS JY-A BLACK EYE FOR HIM NDD MY CITY CUZ IT WAS SO UNPROFESSIONAL TO NOT PERFORM...AND HE ALREADY HAS ENOUGH CRITICS AGAINST HIM AS IS...NOT TO MENTION ALL THA NEW YORKER'S THAT JUSS PLAIN HATE ON HIM!!... CUZ ALOTTA PPL DNTT LIKE HIM...OR HIS STYLE...DO YOU????....

14. Ohhh yeahhhh andd i loveee alchemisttt i think he is one of the most underrateddd producerss in the game since like '05 maybe even before!!!!
    And i think curren$y should make $$$$$ with him...if he doesnt...he'll be considered a flop to me...and i like curren$y too!!!!

15. isn't that song la la la the one he used the stolen beat on?

Purp and PAtron..mixtapes of the year.

im waitin on Lupe..One Be lo's shit..Game..hopefully black thought and phonte solo albums..and GZA's shit.

16. Waiting for that Detox, R.E.D., & Lasers.

17. Yeah, and that is what's starting to irritate me about it. I think it will be for the better though. He scraped his last lineup and started fresh. I guess he thought he could do better, and if Purp & Patron is what his new shit sounds like, then he did good. He just needs to release that shit already. I'm glad he's finally chillin out on the G Unit beefs. He needs to focus more on him.

18. Games growing as an artist and finding himself, finally.....but he still has work to do IMO.

19. I need to buy jay-zs "decoded"

20. #40 KingTut, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2011
    I'm anticipatin' that Muddy Waters 2, Redman's last album was pretty wack...

Also Raekwon's got that new album comin' out next month Shaolin vs Wu-Tang should be sick, and the GZA said he got an album in the works. GFK's also got Supreme Clientele 2 that's suppose to come out this year too.