Hip Hop

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by meehai, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Hey all, I'm into my hip hop, mainly US rappers like Pac, Biggie, The Roots, Outkast, Goddie Mob etc

I bought a CD the other day by an MC named (Mad) Skillz and that guy is quality, anyone who hasnt heard of him (although I'm assuming he is famous in the US) need to buy his stuff, guy flows great ...

As my only vice (apart from the sweet sticky herb :smoke: ) is spending copious amounts of money on CD's, I was wondering if u guys from across the pond could give me names of any groups or MC's from the US or elsewhere who I may not have heard of who would go well in my collection...

2. Non Phixion, Immortal Technique, Ill Bill (of Non Phixion), Necro, 2 Mex, Dialated Peoples...all these Emcees are not really known...well, Dialated Peoples is starting to get more recognition.

3. Camron, all his early cds are nasty

dr dres cds got the beats,

Beanie seigel(sp)

many others..

i got way to many good cds if you want more pm me.

4. oh yeh, da snoman, young jeezy.

yup

5. binary star, hieroglyphics, bone thugs, del tha funkee homosapien, and immortal technique for sure

6. soul position
    company flow
    Slug
    Jemini the gifted one
    eyedea

7. DJ Screw
    Swishahouse
    Z-Ro
    Master P
    Gorillaz

8. Z-Ro
    Cham
    Rasaq

9. immortal technique has a pretty big clut following....and i cant stand necro's raps, beats are fire but he should just stay of the mic imo...

heres some good stuff you should check out...
    cunninlynguists, tonedeff, jedi mind tricks, binary star, one be lo, aceyalone, apathy, busdriver, atmosphere, boot camp clik, buckshot, canibus, ras kass, vakill, cormega, copywrite, last emperor, louis logic, kool keith, chino xl, ohmega watts, mf doom, masta ace, tame one, cage, leak bros, mr lif, murs, etc...i could keep going for a while but those are some of my underground artists...

10. hell yea. i love tupac hes the shit. especially when i is high as fukkk.

11. Canibus_Eyedea_Dialated Peoples

12. Immortal Technique, 2 pac, dre, mike jones, trick trick, the game stuff like that

13. I've heard of them all, and haven't listented to any of them.

14. ^Now that's a Hip-Hop head!!! Every one of those emcees is ILL! My favorites from that compilation would have to be the amazing Tonedeff-inate the great, Atmosphere (Slug = perfection), and MothaFucking MetalFace DOOM!!! I used to like Copy a lot, but he tried going commercial and got his ass beat by Camu Tao and his slim jeans...JMT was ill when Jus Allah was repping the REAL horrorcore, but still dope (check out the avi)...Can-I-Bus is still SICKENING(This dude is mad cool, I'm in steady contact with the guy and he's so chill), I'm getting One Be Lo and Brother Ali on my album (TRYING to, big chance).....you forgot, EYEDEA and CARNAGE!! I actually met both Eyedea and Carnage, the same day (as well as The Crest: Jack Cracker and the other dude), I'm doing a track or two with Carnage and Mazta I (who was on Atmopshere's last album with some vocals)............see, I'm a backpacker, so I HAVE to ask you, Aesop Rock and the rest of the Jukies get no love?????? Can-Ox, El-P???? I see you have Cage and Lif, but what about the GREATS of our genre??? Ace Rizzle is God-MC, El-Producto is a mastermind behind the tables, Cannibal Ox is THEE greatest duo our music-form has had the pleasure to rest its eyes upon!!!

But yeah, other than that, I listen to some Non-Phixion, few mainstream heads I respect would be : Jadakiss, Ludacris, Nas, Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes.....and the following are not really mainstream, OR underground, but sick nonetheless: Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, the mighty Wu-Tang Clan.

PEace!

15. ^^^yea, im a big fan of the jukies, cold vein is one of the greatest cds of all time, tho i wouldnt go so far as to say they are the greatest duo, blackstar, binary star, and cunninlynguists are all better imo, not to mention all the amazing producer-mc duos, eric b and rakim, gang starr, pete rock and cl smooth, atmosphere, etc...

i just forgot to mention them, i guess :confused_2: ...tho aesop is hit or miss with me and i think ever since cold vein, el-p's production has been overall dissapointing in comparison to the company flow and can ox cds, which are classics...

its good to see another underground hip-hop head tho...

16. if you wanna listen to sum real hip hop turn into Nas or Cormega...and even AZ...they really know what rhymings about....if you listen to them you'll be like damn thats what i been missin my whole life

Nas has hundreds of songs so depending on which one you listen to you might not like it....look for a track called Blaze a 50 or Tales From The Hood...

17. ^Nas is sick, always has and always will be sick....Cormega is tight, too, I have a Cormega MP3 compilation with like 30-40 tracks...Queensbridge rap is all decent, but out of QB, my favorite two emcees would be Nas and Tragedy Khadafi...Trage is a PROBLEM!! And Cormega's last CD did TERRIBLE sale-wise, I think it was a re-release or a release that was never....released! But yeah, I know what youre talking about, theyre all ill with hoodtales and story-telling and thug shit.

Peace

18. yeah, skillz has this song called "05 rap up". its crazy

19. or rewind or i gave you power or smokin or black zombies or poppa was a player or n.y. state of mind.

20. Az's new cd is almost better than all of nas'..