Himilayn Gold in Soil

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by KreeMN, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I had no fan on it until today. The soil is still moist but no moisture drops inside the dome. Needs a little drink?

2. what are they in? peat pellets rock wool? pics help!

3. That one is in seed starter: peat moss, vermiculite and pearlite.

4. #64 KreeMN, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
    Day 52 from seed, day 9 of flowering - she showed pistils a couple of days ago. I've been giving very light doses of GH Flora Bloom and Flora Micro in every other watering. She is 15" tall.

She is drinking more - watering every 2 days now but am starting to look at possibly daily. I'm letting her tell me when she wants water. They are small drinks. She doesn't like what I would consider a "normal" amount of water for any other plant her size and there is never any run off. I am increasing the quantity of the water vs frequency. As long as she stays happy, I'm continuing.

She had heat stress issues when I put her in the flowering box. She gradually lost most of her mature leaves between vegging and initial flowering so all of her leaves look small.

The clone in the seed starter is doing great! I'm considering mixing some of it with the potting soil to help the drainage issue. The one in the aerogarden had not produced any roots but continues to grow. 2 days ago I recut the stem up about 1/2" from the end, scraped the bark about 1" up the stem, coated with rooting powder and put her back in the system. Too soon to see progress.

Pics soon.

5. more pics goin well dude

6. Here are the pics from day 9 of flowering.

Attached Files:

7. #67 KreeMN, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    Day 56 from seed / 12 flowering pictures.

You can see the flowers.

Attached Files:

8. any updates? im looking forward to the rest of this one

9. #69 KreeMN, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
    Today is 67 days from seed, 23 days in flower. She is popping buds all over. I still have to watch the temps as they start creeping up to 80 by the time I turn the lights off. It is about 67 in the morning. Same nutes every other watering. She gets about 2 waterings a week or when she is dry.
    The clone is finally showing growth vertical. She looks great tho.

Attached Files:

10. One way that I combat temps is to have the light cycle run at night, 5pm - 5am.

11. Nice buds :O

keep it up bud nice

12. Day 85 from seed, day 41 in flower. 6 weeks already! Some of the hairs are starting to turn orange and she's nicely dusted. I have posted new pics and a question for anyone. I still get heat issues even with the lights on at night.

You can see what happens when you lose your fan leaves early. I have nice budding going up the stalk, Then there are those low branches which the ends have a tiny bud each. And even lower there is new leaf growth. At this stage in flowering, would I do well to trim off the new lower leaf growth and those stems with the tiny buds so the plant's energy can go to the good areas? Quantity will be low but the new mom plant is looking much better than this one did.

It sounds like it's getting to be time for molasses also.:hello:

Attached Files:

13. getting on well, check out mine dude! got buds now too!

14. Any updates?

15. nice looking plants. are you starting to get any odor? i'm about 3 weeks in with lowryder 2s and that's my only concern.

16. Lookin' good man! Where did you get them seeds?

17. Today is day 110 from seed, day 66 in flower = 9.5 weeks. I may harvest today. All of the trichs look cloudy white with some clear but I can't for the life of me find any amber. Pistals are about 50/50 orange / white.

I now have what my better half likes to call stick buds. Most of the large fan leaves did not survive through the growing and flowering process. I am blaming my inability to get the ph correct for this. The plant did not like nutes (ph again?) so some of the leaf loss was also from that.

I did not get the "growth spurt" that was expected when going into flower. My understanding was that the plant would double or triple in size. The plant final height is 19.25" so she only gained about 6-7" in flowering.

The clone is doing much better than the original plant did. I fimmed it a couple of weeks ago and the new lower growth is doing well. There will be more stalks on this one. I am going to transplant it as soon as my harvest is of the first one is done. I'm limited on containers.

When I trimmed off micro buds, I let 3 of them dry for 1 week and did a "taste test". I am VERY happy with the outcome. There was enough for 2 vape bowls and it was a very "up" high. No couch lock, no brain lock down. Great daytime buzz as advertised. My last pickup (sugar babes) was a good "sleepy" buzz but I prefer the HG.

Attached Files:

18. Attitude Seeds

19. I've never dealt with lowryders. The room the grow box is in smells like wild flowers before I open the box. Once the box and the door to the room are open, the smell fills the house. Not an issue if the door to the room is closed. HG is very crystally from early flowering.

20. I ended up with 18.3 gm wet at harvest today - .8 for main cola and 10.3 for rest. The clone is transplanted and has a much better shot at being a "normal" plant.