Himalayas from Bulgaria

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by projektzwo, May 28, 2009.

1. This is my first outdoor attempt, any suggestions, comments are welcome, and that's the main reason to post up here some photos and info, so the seeds are himalaya gold, they were putted in the soil (indoor) at 4th April, after that at 10th May the little babies were moved outdoor, really great place for me, great sun-look, really good soil (~6pH) and very fertile at all. So we sowed the plants, one week later the little himalayas were just stucked - the problem was waterless, after that they just "explode" (except one of them), very good and fast growing (2-3 days watering), now you can see the pictures from yesterday (27.05.2009) are the plants in good condition, what can You say about them, thank you.

P.S. Sorry about my bad English. :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. pictures from today [03 June 2009]

i think that the plants are moving very well. :D

Attached Files:

3. Your plants look really good to me. I wish you success. Keep posting the pictures so we can see them grow.

Your english is good. I understood it fine. :)

4. Interesting, I always like to see grows from out of the country....and your English is great! :hello:

I have a question for you: Does Bulgaria have laws regarding growing MJ, if any?

:)

5. Heh, of course it's illegal (smoking and growing), but my plants are in my property so the cops are unimportant problem for the moment. I'm upset about my neighbours, but still nothing serious.
    I just want my babies moving forwards and make serious budz, all the other things are just details.

6. Pictures from today (10 June 2009) and i think that i have a problem with my babies, look carefully at the leaves and tell me please is this from insects/bugs or hailstorm (two days ago)?! Also i saw two grasshoppers, but i don't know is there any problem and if there is - what is it? Thanks in advance, i'm waiting for any tips/hints.

Attached Files:

7. It looks as though they have been eaten by those pesky grasshoppers. I put self-rising flour out around the grounds of my garden to kill them without chemicals. They eat the flour, then drink, then explode.

In the fifth picture it looks like the plants need drainage.

The spots? I'm not sure. I feel bad for your plants. I wish you the best in turning this situation around quickly. :(

8. I believe you have multiple pests. Something, either grasshopper or caterpillar is eating chunks out of your leaves. I think spider mites or leaf miner is making those pale spots.

Notice the bug turd on the leaf in this picture:
    [​IMG]

9. #9 Leapfrog, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
    Check my pic below how Leafminer damage looks like.

The holes are definitely caused by Grasshoppers...although the little spots on the same leaves seem to be some sort deficiency or almost look like insect eggs...hard to say from here which one that is.

[​IMG]

10. those plants will never survive in that MUD
    they need soil

11. #11 projektzwo, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009

hehe, the soil is under the "mud" and as u can see those plants survives very well actually...
    thak all of you for the comments, i'll see what can i do with all the grasshoppers and spiders arround, i think some praying mantis will help?
    and the water that u see at the pictures is there because i water them and then take the pictures.

12. Pray mantis's might work but I would stick to organic pest killers and good luck to you and trying to speak english!keep us posted Lol +repz

13. So JuicyyLemonG...may I ask how your Bulgarian is?

Looks to me OP's grammar and punctuation is far better than yours...:p

14. I tried to respond earlier but I had no idea what I was saying...but my bulgarian is pretty amazing(sarcasm). I wasn't bagging on the guy for not being able to speak english but actually giving him props for trying to speak english.

15. Me neither! ;)

16. I was just messing with you...hence the :p smiley.

17. OP I have spent some time re-searching your funny looking leaves and this is what comes closest to what your problem could be: Leaf Hoppers!

Maybe someone else has some input, too!?

Leafhopper Control

Description:
    Many species of leafhoppers exist in home gardens throughout North America. Both adults and nymphs feed by puncturing the undersides of leaves and sucking out plant juices. Their toxic saliva causes spotting (white specks), yellowing, leaf curling, stunting and distortion of plants. They are also responsible for transmitting the organisms causing virus diseases in plants. Common host plants include beans, lettuce, beets, potato, grapes, roses, and many others.

Leafhopper adults (1/4 inch long) are slender, wedge-shaped insects that fly or disperse rapidly when disturbed. Depending on species they may be green, brown or yellow in color and often have colorful markings. Nymphs do not have wings and are generally lighter in color than adults. Both adults and nymphs run sideways and are good jumpers.

Note: There are more leafhopper species worldwide than all species of birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians combined.

Life Cycle: Adults overwinter in crop debris or non-cultivated areas adjacent to gardens. In late spring females deposit 1-6 eggs daily within the stems and larger veins of the leaves. Hatching occurs in 6-9 days, and the young nymphs molt 5 times before they become fully grown adults. White cast skins shed by the molting nymphs can often be found attached to the underside of damaged leaves. The period from egg to adult is about three weeks. Several overlapping generations may be completed during the growing season.

Leafhopper Control: Remove garden trash and other debris shortly after harvest to reduce over-wintering sites. Floating row covers can be used as a physical barrier to keep leafhoppers from damaging plants. Commercially available beneficial insects, such as ladybugs, lacewing, and minute pirate bugs, are all voracious predators of both the egg and young larval stage. Apply diatomaceous earth to plants and/or spot treat with insecticidal soap to keep pest populations under control. Thorough coverage of both upper and lower infested leaves is necessary for effective control. If pest levels become intolerable, spot treat with botanical insecticides as a last resort.

18. thank you for this information, but i couldn't understand how to kill those leafhoppers and keep them far away from my plants...:rolleyes:

19. Well...there are some organic ways such as leaf hopper eating insects...but if I were you I would use an insecticide...There is none I can recommend to you because I don't know what is available in your country.

See if you can find a "Broad spectrum insecticide" for vegetables which should be safe to use on your plants as well.

ProjectZwo do you understand German? (because of your user name).