Hiking in the Pacific Northwest

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by sensimil, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Anyone in the city hike the PNW?

I plan around waterfall destinations.. Ive been a few places up in WA (south puget sound and out area)
    Now that im back in Oregon, Ive been hitting the Gorge again...
    Id love to see what hikes anyone else is doing!!

from the gorge today, caught a rainbow :)

[​IMG]

2. That's sweet man I am playing to do some hiking up here in the NW this spring/summer/fall and some high lake fishing. We are doing the 93 mile hike around Mt Rainier at some point during the summer and some hiking around Banks Lake. My best friend just got back from hiking the yakima rim for like the tenth time in his life and he likes that trail a lot.

3. Wow, that's beautiful. I plan to do some hiking in WA this summer.

4. I love hiking!

I'm currently in CT : \

But I'll be moving to Seattle on May 11th

Im so excited, I love Washington!

5. I was up in WA doing a few trips to waterfalls, never got to Mt Ranier (yet!)
    But there are some great hikes to falls that I hit in Eatonville LITTLE MASHEL FALLS, Pierce County, WA | Northwest Waterfall Survey and you can get to Tom Tom Falls, and Lower Little Mashal in the same day. After that we went to check out Alder Dam. Beautiful views of Nisqually River.

Been to Victor Falls too, VICTOR FALLS, Pierce County, WA | Northwest Waterfall Survey though there is no hiking to this one, its right off the road in Sumner. There is a killer steep drop on the other side of the face of the falls, cable running down to the bottom, if you choose to head down that way.
    The site I posted is a great site for reference for hike to falls trips.

6. uuuhh ya. I prefer to go east of the mountains to the high desert but that takes gas.

here's some places I've gone hiking/backpacking in the pnw:

serene lake/rock lakes basin
    shining lake
    tanner creek
    mirror lake
    burnt lake
    salmon huckleberry wilderness(all the fuck over the whole thing. shining lake is now part of it)
    badger creek wilderness
    marion lake
    the high lakes around waldo lake

this year I hope to go up past burnt lake to cast lake. more salmon huckleberry wilderness, and do the middle santiam...aaaanddd can't remembe right now.

oh ya. mt jefferson alpine lakes and three sisters wilderness.

I feel as though I said too much. well, hardly anyone reads these anyway.

7. I love it, the greenery around the forests in my area are just breathtaking.

8. Yea I know its the best, thats probably one of the only 2 reasons i like washington, (2nd reason is for our dank buds)
    I went to snoqualmie falls the other day and loaded the bong with some falls water. it was nice

9. me and a friend are planning to float the green river starting near flaming geyser state park and ending in auburn, should be awesome

10. right on, I wanna float the sammamish slough again its pretty chill

11. hiked 7 lakes basin, mt adams, mt rainer, pacific coast wilderness, north cascades ntl park, alpine lakes, ross lake, mt townsend, three sisters, sherman pass, pacific crest trail, and more. PM me if u want any specific info.

12. and im building a drift boat soon :)

13. Come on out this Thursday, June 18th. Todd Burleson and Garrett Madison from Alpine Ascents will be talking about their recent expeditions, including Everest in 2009. Tons of tips, great stories, and the latest on their adventures. These guys are amazing – even National Geographic says so. Todd and Garrett will do a Q&A after the formal presentation, and FREE door prizes will be raffled too. Come by the Mountain Hardwear store at 250 Pine Street – the talk starts at 6 pm.

More details are at:Mountain Hardwear: Mountain Hardwear Stores

Full disclosure: I work with Mountain Hardwear, but thought you guys would be interested to hear about this event.