Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Highly Medicated The Dragon. Riders Welcome

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by STIGGY, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ZclxeENdI&list=PL935F4E39E635E7FA

I objected to the name....where's the "Daughters"? But they are doing a great job and I'm impressed with Stih's boldness and ability to improvise. I think this is a great way to scratch those wild itches of silliness and other unrelated items in a manner that is still attached to the Tincture thread but has a life of its own and leaves the main thread for the educational aspects now that it is getting so large. You never know, I might drop in a few silly things myself.

I have to tell you, Stimata, that I'm proud of the way you went ahead with this and made it very presentable. Not many are aware of the byplay and I didn't exactly make it easy but you worked it better than I may have and I was very pleased to see you succeed. I never wanted you to fail at your posting but you needed to a find a way to build your confidence in yourself. Assurances weren't working that well so I subtly challenged you. Sorry about the manipulation but you'll understand soon.  :smoking: 

But don't forget the ladies.

3. #63 STIGGY, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    Another Recipe
    Just need to add some dragon to it

garlic buffalo worm salad

serves 2 people
    ingredients

To make the dressing:
    - 10g / Grub buffalo worms
    - 100ml / Soy sauce
    - 300ml Tamarind water
    - 300g / Palm sugar
    - 150g / Toasted peanuts, crushed in a pestle and mortar, or roughly chopped (if you cannot find toasted peanuts then buy them blanched and toast them yourself. To do this heat oil to 130 degrees and pour in the nuts, move constantly until they all have an even golden brown colour. Remove and drain off excess oil using kitchen roll, then cool)
    ----------------------------------------------
    To make the salad:
    - 100g / Fennel
    - 6 leaves / Baby gem lettuce
    - 30g / Cucumber
    - 10 / Whole mint leaves, roughly torn
    - Small handful washed coriander
    - 20g / Pomegranate seeds
    - 2 cloves / Garlic, crushed
    - 300ml / Vegetable oil (for deep-frying crickets)
    recipe

For this garlic buffalo worm salad you will need

-1 Medium saucepan

-1 Small saucepan (for deep-frying)

-Knife / chopping board

-Pestle and mortar (if not use a /knife/mincer/food processor)

-Mixing bowl

-Slotted spoon

-Kitchen roll and tray (for draining excess oil)

Method

In a small saucepan heat the vegetable oil to 160 degrees, then add the crushed garlic cloves to infuse the oil. Once the oil is up to temperature, fry the buffalo worms for 3-4 minutes until they are crunchy and garlic-infused (they will stop making noise in the oil when they are ready, as all the moisture will be extracted, making them crunchy). When cooked, remove from the oil and leave to drain on kitchen roll.
    On a medium heat, combine the palm sugar and tamarind water, stirring regularly to ensure the sugar does not stick to the pan. Once melted, add the peanuts and soy sauce, then remove and leave to cool. Check the seasoning as it may need some adjustment – it should taste sweet and sour with a savory, salty edge.
    Lastly, prepare the vegetables and fruit for the salad. Slice the pomegranate in half, across the core, then hit the skin side with a spoon in order to get all the edible seeds out. Remove the core and the stems of the fennel and slice the flesh into bite-sized pieces. Slice the cucumber and baby gem lettuce then combine in a mixing bowl. Add a generous helping of the salad dressing and serve.
    Buffalo worms extra................................
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy

4. #64 STIGGY, May 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    We knew you did not appreciate the silliness of postings in the dragon thread
    so.......................................................
    Sam of sam was born, Maybe we can change it to Children of Sam  (children of the corn) LOL
    I thought this thread would die off quickly , but if we start to discuss more recipes as Kono stated we should be fine
    If not the thread can be moved.
    I have certainly seen threads posted on GC that were no where near to the quility of this.
    Thanks Sam  I appreciate the comments.

Oh almost forgot  I called it Sons of Sam and not Daughters or sons and daughters because of word play
    Don't you remember the Summer of Sam?

Son of Sam was a mass murder active in the Seattle area in the first half of the 1970's
    I was unsure what was going on with the name of the group but followed a friend who was dealing with a rough spot in the road.

6. The Son of Sam was David Berkowitz in New York City.  :)

7. Sam is correct
    Son of Sam was shooting up New York City and Long Island in the 70'S, He even had a sub M-Gun and just before they caught him, he had plans to shoot up a night club on east end on Long Island.
    Thank the Lord they caught him.
    But the name is not really from The son of Sam , it was a break away from Sams thread. (you guys knew that)
    I was trying to justify why I did not call the thread sons and daughters of Sam.

I thought it was Ted Bundy but now that you say it I think your right.  It was a very long time ago.

9. #71 Honokiol, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014

It is all fine.  Some times your sense of humor is a little skewed like mine can be so when I saw the potential double meaning I wasn't quite sure.  I figured I'd let it go so I didn't appear slow in public if it was part of a joke.  It is just as good to know it wasn't, maybe better. 

I don't like fighting with friends.  There is a little crazy hiding between my ears and I try my best to keep it hidden from the world.  Waking up with a pile of medics holding you down and the Dr giving you an injection to calm you down is no fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VHYzDVpThxM

10. #72 STIGGY, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
    That's a great video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL LOL

Sorry Back went out mid yesterday, I was laid-upped for the day in severe pain laying on my back until this Morn, (couldn't even use computer) well I peaked but no responses.
    I was not saying anyone was right or wrong, I never do that .
    All I was doing was passing on the correct info, I understand how any confusion could have arose.
    No disrespect ment to anyone.
    I appreciate You as well as Sam posting , anything you want-- LOL  (well almost anything)
    Hope everyone is well and highly medicated.
    Oh and try to have a pain free day
    Peace
    Stih

11. And now for a little green Dragon
    Ready?

12. Here he comes

13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlGezlgnWjA

The diversity of the stuff you find amazes me.

15. #78 Honokiol, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014

I hate hearing your hurting, you & Sam deserve better.  I should count my blessings, I get a little in between major back ach time. It goes out I put it back it goes out again I put it back again. Some days are almost ok today was one of them.  My back was more in than out.

I think I remember telling you about Shavasana, I use it more than any other exercise for my back.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shavasana

I showed you the Qigong set of exercises called "Eight Pieces of Brocade" it works well for me when it isn't hurting very bad.

There is another good set called the "18 Therapies"
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=18+Therapies+Qigong 

"Inner River Flowing" is especially good for my lower back when it is acting up but not when it is wretchedly sore.
    http://www.qigonginstitute.org/html/Video/DemoInnerRivers.mp4

Qigong Institute
    http://www.qigonginstitute.org/html/GettingStarted.php

16. #79 STIGGY, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    Sent Private message
    Posted it here but to much info for the world to see
    Personal info nothing about anyone here

17. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Q7DawQWNY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.