Highest rated adult swim shows.

Discussion in 'General' started by xcraighebert, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Because I like this community so much, and partly because of sheer boredom. I wasted the past hour putting together a list of every adult swim show ever shown from highest to lowest according to IMDB. IMDB is a website, that lets the users rate movies and tv shows on a scale from 1-10. A mean score is taken from all the votes, and then given a final rating. In the event that there was a tie score, I gave the show more votes, the better position on the list.

I separated the list into two sections. Anime and humor because I feel its foolish to mix the two. It would be like comparing apples and oranges. With that being said, here's the list.

* Humor
    scale from 1-10

The venture bros 9.5
    [​IMG]
    Futurama 9.3
    [​IMG]
    Metalocalypse 9.1
    [​IMG]
    The boondocks 9.0
    Home movies 9.0
    Aqua teen hunger force 8.9
    Family guy 8.8
    Harvery Birdman 8.7
    Mission hill 8.7
    Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil 8.4
    Sealab 2021 8.3
    Space ghost coast to coast 8.1
    Stroker and hoop 8.1
    The brak show 7.8
    The oblongs 7.8
    Robot chicken 7.6
    American dad 7.5
    Moral orel 7.2
    Tim and eric awesome show 7.0
    Squidbillies 6.9
    12 oz mouse 6.6
    Perfect hair forever 6.5
    Tom goes to the mayor 6.4
    Assy mcgee 6.2
    Fat guy stuck in the internet 6.1
    Saul of the mole men 6.1
    Minoriteam 3.8

* Anime
    scale from 1-10.

Cowboy bebop 9.4
    [​IMG]
    Fullmetal alchemist 9.2
    [​IMG]
    Death note 9.2
    [​IMG]
    Neon genesis evangelion 9.1
    Bleach 9.0
    Samurai champloo 9.0
    Ghost in the shell 8.9
    Code geass 8.9
    FLCL 8.8
    Trigun 8.7
    Paranoia agent 8.6
    Wolfs rain 8.6
    Eureka seven 8.5
    Shin-chan 8.4
    Blood+ 8.3
    Inyuyasha 8.2
    Case closed 8.2
    Astro boy 8.1
    The big O 7.9
    Blue gender 7.2
    S-cry-ed 6.4

Whats everyone's opinion on this? What shows deserve to be there/don't.
    Chat about various shows, list what you think are the best/worst shows.
    Enjoy!
    :smoking:

2. The Boondocks is my shit. I'd give it the highest

3. Great show. Whenever I come home from blazing with friends, when I put adult swim on, it always is on.

4. Im kinda iffy about this show. I agree that if you're blazed this show is hilarious, but if youre sober, you kind of just sit there going wtf is going on?!

5. and thats why its genious!!

6. hahaha i just watch the venture bros, it was rediculous!!

7. My favorites are
    1. The Boondocks
    2. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    3. Robot Chicken

8. god adult swim has been pissing me off lately, i fucking hate that live action shit like time and eric and fat guy stuck in the internet, i jsut completly find it retarded, though i would have to agree with that list pretty much, i wish they didnt take futurama off the air i loved that show, i also think they need to show more anime, and stop censoring there shit so much

9. Futurama is not off air completely, just off adult swim. They play the episodes on comedy central now, along with the new movies. As for the anime problem, I have most of the anime they show on AS in dvd box sets, so I can watch them whenever I feel like it. hahaha.

10. yea but i never see it when its on comedy central and its not on as often, and you are one lucky bastard i wish i had the money for that shit

edit:this also reminds me of the only cowboy bebop episode ive ever seen, but it was a great one, it was the one where theres some pimp selling magic mushrooms and the kid and the dog pick them and feed them to whole crew and every one is tripping balls, the most memorable part was the dog hypnoticlly bouncing upping down and the kid wondering what the fuck was up with it hahaha great shit

11. Metalocalypse!!!

12. ATHF and boondocks are the two best shows on adult swim. And Oblongs and American dad are alright. Too bad about futurama but over the past 5 years or more ive seen all their episodes atleast 5 times.

13. I highly recommend watching cowboy bebop episodes online or something, if you liked that one episode. Its easily the best anime I have ever watched, and I watch a bunch. It has an intelligent story, with great characters and tons of action. Not to mention the best ending to any anime series ever.

but yeah, I usually miss futurama on CC too, usually I catch south park on,
    but south park is good in my book, so I dont mind it.

14. If you live on the east coast, grab some munchies and put on comedy central.
    South park comes on at 10, and futurama is on at 10:30. :D

15. haha truth, to be honest though ive gotten kinda of bored of south park i feel like ive seen almost every episode, and by the wya do you know any sites where i could find episodes of cowboy bebop, and generally all other anime would be cool too

haha i think i will watch those now

16. Code Geass is the SHIT. I'm going to watch it high as shit tonight and it's going to be sweet.

17. i can't watch garbage dubbed anime. it just sounds so bad. english subs is the way to go! it's best to watch anime in the form it came in..

bleach, naruto, and full metal alchemist ftw!

and perfect hair forever. fuckin shit that shit is funny.
    adult swim. perfect tv for stoners. well.. the ones who get it at least.

18. QFT :smoking: