highdea: afterlife theory

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TGIF, May 21, 2010.

1. We all know that when experiencing near death, a sudden release of natural DMT from the pineal gland in the center ( or third eye chakra ) of the brain that causes potentially crippling hallucinations that are almost dream-like. (which leads scientists to believe dreams have a little something to do with the elusive pineal gland, which is no bigger than a grain of rice)

My theory is that (for the atheist that i am) When the body dies, the heart stops, brain quits functioning, total shutdown, The pineal gland is clenched and a fatal amount of naturally occuring DMT is shot through the brain which makes a human 'trip' so extremely hard, their time perception is completely immobilized and they litterally trip for an eternity.

Their experiences in life determine whether it is a good trip or bad trip. A.K.A. heaven and hell? And they are forced into an experience that will either haunt them or treat them for the possible amount of time their brain can ever imagine.

Just a little thought that popped in my head in the middle of the second solo in Comfortably Numb. Rather chilling thought in my opinion. anyone with experience in DMT let me know what you think. Anyone else, let me know what you think too

2. Reminds me of this scene from Waking Life
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbG6b2n6UOs]YouTube - Like My Waking Life Is Her Memories[/ame]

3. Although I don't think it is exactly reflective of the process of death, your idea is extremely creative and poetic. I love it!

4. it kind of makes sense, because i heard when you trip you have no perception of time.

5. It really does make sense..

6. im pretty sure dmt isnt fatal on any level that the brain would produce but hell it might as well be.

what i propose is that when we're about to die and our brain decides to make us trip its just getting us ready to be a spirit again until all bodily functions cease and we actually leave the body and there would be no more need to trip

kinda like a pre-game show or somethn

7. I never understood how we have spirits and other matter does not. Why don't dogs have spirits? Trees? Rocks?

8. i agree with you aero, it doesn't make sense to me either. But the spiritual reply will be that dogs, trees, and rocks are lower life forms.

complete bullshiz i know.

9. they are lower life forms in terms of consciousness, but a spirit they surely have, remember man has the BRAIN to do things other species cant, this also applies to the development of the spirit, which uses the brain as a means, an instrument, our brain is a very advanced instrument ALLOWING the world to be what it is today

not every time someone dies the brain produces DMT, for example if you get shot in the face and your head blows up there isnt really a gland left to produce it and in most cases not enough time for the brain to determine its about to become part of the ground. most plants and animals produce it as well so its not specific to mankind.

DMT is a touchy subject as in no one can fully prove anything about it, yet we secrete it when we metabolize, during REM sleep as well and near death shit.