Highdea about music

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by HighinHI, Jun 18, 2011.

1. #1 HighinHI, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2011
    Maybe we like a certain type of music based on our own frequency or vibration. I believe each of us has a unique frequency. Maybe a certain genre of music tends to harmonize with our frequency that's why we are drawn to that particular type of music.

I think music was meant to unite us and make us realize that we all have an innate sense of rhythm and music. Instead music often raises disputes over which genre is better. I think our differences in taste in music reflects the differences in each other, which is what's unique and special about us. Our differences actually make us stronger.

We all bring different likes and different frequencies to the table, so in the end, combined, all frequencies are represented. I kinda think humans are like this too. We each represent a different frequency and combined, we create the most beautiful harmonic symphony imaginable.

2. thats deep bro

3. Well I like certain elements of all genres of music. Does that mean I have a fluctuating body frequency?

4. Yes I think our frequencies are constantly fluctuating with our thoughts, emotions and maybe even outside influences and other people's frequencies. Kind of like how your musical tastes have probably changed and evolved since childhood. But basically I think we each have an individually set range of frequencies that our body tends to stick to.

There's this one healer lady in my area who claims to heal with frequencies, and that everyone has a certain note (which is a frequency) that they are lacking in their voice and overall speech. She thinks that if we then listen to this note that we're lacking, we'll regain balance in our lives. So who knows, maybe we like to listen to music that contains notes that we're missing.

It's just interesting to understand why someone is drawn to something. Why do we like what we like? What makes it sound good to us but sound terrible to others?

5. i think your right, lol. people who tend to like a variety of ganres tend to be more fun and intellegent verses those who just like one or 2.