High yoga?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Barbie_Marley23, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Do we have any yogis here? I love to get high and do restorative yoga, but some yogis disagree with the practice. They say that yoga is a mental exercise and that being high gets in the way of it. I personally feel that I am more flexible and focused. What about you?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Allowing thoughts of others to perturb your mindstate is an example of why clearing your mind comes first in meditation. I don't practice but I do toke up and test my calmness on occasion while focusing on stillness. Being naturally hyperactive gives my mind ease when I know weed works like a charm every time.

I figure those who can't just complain about those who do.

3. Definitely more focused and able to extend and flex. Take longer strides running using less air intake. Cannabis is more than meets the eye.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. No, I'm not yogi yet, but I'm willing to learn yoga when I get the chance.

5. You should totally give it a shot. I started about 9 months ago and it's totally changed my life. I love it!

6. Any Yogi's you listen to recently?

7. Personally, I don't like yoga. But it has many benefits

8. Wish I had flexibility for yoga but meditation on certain thoughts or something I can do . Yoga is a mental thing also so it’s like meditating ? With no stretching ?

9. No 1 knows you better than you, no one is more yogi to you than you, you know best, trust what feels natural. If there is growth, expansion, passion, peace, keep going. I get high and do many things that I love to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ganja is what got me started in yoga about five years ago. I was smoking the herb and listening to music, then felt the urge to start stretching. It felt so good I started doing it all the time. Evolved over several months into a yoga practice. Now I practice almost every day. Not just asana (the physical postures), but also breathwork, meditation and all the other branches of yoga. One of the best decisions I ever made. The practice transformed my life.

It really is an amazing plant.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. High pilates should work fine too

12. I started stretching 2 months ago to develop my muscles. In the future, I wanna start doing yoga, but yoga requires good endurance, discipline and a little stretching to do different poses. Btw moderate stretching and yoga are a bit similar. I agree with the previous commenter about pilates

13. That' really good

14. I love yoga. Gotta get some good mats in here though. Space is a challenge. But I love it. I discovered it in high school when a friend suggested it.