High Yield Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DR83, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Been a minute since I shared any technique or knowledge with anyone. This is kind of a grow journal Q and A and tips and tricks for anyone that is chasing high yield grows of top shelf flower. With the ultimate goal of hitting 3 grams per watt which I think is achievable. If you have hit some high numbers feel free to share as long as you can back it up. Not trying to flood this with “hear say” numbers. Just throwing this together real quick see if there is any interest. To be continued.....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. First question...What is the 'rule' in determining final weight of a grow ? In other words,Do you include the smaller,lower buds, or not ? But then, I guess the object is to NOT end up with any small , larfy buds, if you can help it. I just cant help but get a lot of those most times...Some of us need to get over the fear of pruning too much, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So my latest grow, which was my first under new light set up is a total of 3,400 advertised wattage, (1,547 true watts at wall) a mix of blurple viparspectra and 35k and 4k boards.... a total of 1,020 led diodes...bridglux, epileds, Samsung. I grow in a room and use a 6' x 4' area o start with lst and heavy training and end scrogging. I eg for 12 weeks, then flower til the end so I'm harvesting between 5-6 mnth in for my photos. At the end ready to go, I ended up with 472.32 g of good nugget, 417 g of what all call larf(small airy buds, small popcorn, nice chrome trimmings) throw the rest away and I like cookies the best so I put all that into 8 sticks of butter for almost 200 cookies that are phenomenal. I feel I was low yielding on the nice solid bud end and too much lard. I was pretty crowded in there. So I've already started a new run a month old and hope to do it quicker and better than last time. I've been stepping up pots slower and watering less more often and they look the best they ever have. New ones have already been topped and fimmed in 1.5 gal pots now and trans planting between mostly 5 and a couple in next few days and start lst for 5 weeks or so, then throw the scrog over, leave veg for 2 wks starting scrog then flower til they ready. Lot of work, still learning. I feel I should ha e done better with the setup but I'm still learning, have like 13 grows total between in and out so starting to be settled in my ways but always listen to what ever some has for me. On the original note, I just finished my first auto grow in a 3 x 3 x 5 tent with 2- 250w 35k boards(274 true watts) and did about 3 z a plant of bud between 2 plants in like 2 1/2 mnths time, good bud, surprised at how quick and quality. So I am trying some more currently to play and see what i can do. Also vipars to boards, completely impressed and cant wait to switch over 100%.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. My problem has been from keeping to many plants in my space, and not having any room left to train them properly.
    I gotta start growing fewer plants on each run and training them better...I've got such a mess in there right now ...
    Waaaaaay too many skinny branches laying over,and even hanging upside down right now,loaded with bud, but not very dense. I kinda let this one get out of hand, but it's almost over now...Chopping begins tomorrow...Finally !

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Agree, I get excited...that last grow was 12 plants, 9 dif strains trained in 6 x 4 space, yielding a lb bud, a lb lard. The grow prior to that I did 4 plants in that same space almost 4 oz a plant. More plant more work but I like the selection. This grow is 8 dif kinds, same # plants but split between auto tent and photo room. Either way I've done it, it's a ton of work, but happy in the end, less plants is better I've found, but have a hard time picking just 1 or 2 strains if it's something new to me, it's all for me so I have to like it......1 lb of one or two strains is alot to go through with out choices so i do a few strains each time from dif banks, and sometimes I've grown ones I thought I'd love and dont like the high and others that are not for me I enjoy. So, trial and error until I have my perfect self mix list. I have a bank I'm extremely pleased with on time received, quality, good sales, great genetics, and customer service; they stand by their shit no matter what, only time my loyalty has been won.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. Totally understood that ! I mean,after all, we don't eat the same food every day,so we shouldn't have to smoke the same weed every day, right ? LOL...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I’m looking forward to following along.

8. Final yield should all be smokable bud and dried for roughly 2 weeks at least give or take a couple days. And as for grams per watt I like to refer to light wattage used and..... 600 watt light with 600 gram yield would be 1gram per watt. I got 4 plants in 5gal fabric pots in roughly a 30”x48” under 600watt LED. A lot of topping, training, trimming, major and minor defoliation. Figured I’d implement a scrogg net for once... drilled holes in the scrogg frame for Co2 distribution. Things are rolling along nicely so far. Here are a couple pictures along the way.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Your tossing out all these numbers !
    So what is the real numbers of grams of weed per watt are you getting .
    I know roughly what yield I am getting .
    I am growing in a RDWC systems sometimes i am vegging my plants for 10 weeks I am NOT hitting those numbers .
    I am running 1275 true watts in my main budding tent and I will be lucky to hit 3 pounds .
    I only consider yield that is 100% marketable .
    Airy buds don't count...…
    Airy buds are not worth the time to weigh out .
    And they don't stack up in the open market competing against the tight heavy dense buds .
    I seen pictures of your grow but no photos of foot long cola's

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. #10 DR83, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Don’t follow the thread if you don’t think it’s possible then. Simple as that. I can hit over 1000grams with a 600 watt light with relative ease. In soil. Just cuz you haven’t done it doesn’t mean it ain’t possible.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Your wrong and I am not biting 20190715_081058.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Lol this is why I don’t share online. Those plants look like they have been through hell. Burnt the shit out of those things in more way than one I can see. You ain’t even hitting 1 gram a watt so go sit down please with your beat ass plants lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Lol plus your tying rope right around your colas. That looks sloppy as dog piss

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Carry on ass wipe

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Ohhh trust me I am. Sit back and watch. You might actually learn something. Day 20

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Troll

17. Love how all the trolls like to fight.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. A really severe lollypopping is what i suggest, the buds underneath in a crowded grow never come to anything good. i get rid of every bud that is under the net and some of the skinnier branches just to open it up for better air flow.
    from above in day 18 of flower.
    DSCN4169.JPG and from below ,I think that good airflow is essential to avoid the dreaded budrot .
    DSCN4171.JPG
    and today in week 10, just about time to flush with about 40% cloudy trichomes.
    It is really crowded in here now .
    DSCN4333.JPG
    I am hoping to do better from the single plant in a 30"x 30'' room than the 330 grams of top shelf trimmed bud that i got from the last grow of four plants.
    I have an HLG260 that draws 230 watts at the wall and i am super pleased with the results.
    DSCN4332.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Yeah, Who wants to stay for the dick measuring contest ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I totally almost wrote that in my post how I love when they fight over who's got the biggest. I get some of the worst gpw of anyone right now!!!!!! Who cares I am having a good time and how about this thought you want more grams buy more lights and grow more plants. Lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1