High vs low tolerance

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheBigH, Jan 30, 2014.

1.      A few days ago I smoked with a group of friends and the topic of high/low tolerances was brought up. We've all been smoking for quite some time but one of the new guys in our group had just started like 3 weeks prior. His tolerance is crazy low and it only takes him a single hit from a bong and he's finished. He tried taking 2 hits in a row before and threw up, but that's another story. Anyway, one of our mutual friends in the group started giving him shit about his low tolerance, then started bragging about how much he can drink/smoke by himself. I felt like I wanted to say something, but I wasn't sure what. Thinking back on it, I just have one question: How is having a higher tolerance better than having a low one? If you have a low tolerance, wouldn't you save a lot more money on weed? Isn't that better than smoking an eighth by yourself in one session then being out till next paycheck?

What are your thoughts?

2. It's not. He just wants to be somebody. He thinks he will look cool, and his friends admiration is the ultimate prize.

3. ^exactly

Ego. False pride. I know a lot of people like that too. I just took a tiny little hit out a pipe and im feeling good, thats a plus to me personally. I know people that want to smoke like 40 sacks at a time and that eats at your pockets big time. Different strokes, but yeah man id totally tell the dude to suck my dick and not worry about me. Im gettin mine.

4. High Tolerance

PROS - Gets you high
                 Ancient primitive thought patters suggest the more one's body can endure, the more power and alpha characteristics one has
                 Can carry out every day tasks whilst high e.g. job, social interaction etc

CONS - Costs more (Not just money but time as well. Think of the extra hours you'll have to work)
                 Damages lungs more
                 If it's illegal where you live, you'll be running a higher risk of being caught by more frequent use 

vs 

Low Tolerance 

PROS - Gets you really high (depending on amount)
                 Need to smoke less thus saving you more money
                 Less time doing something illegal
                 Less damage to lungs

CONS - Can't keep up with higher tolerance people if in a smoking circle
               - Difficulties doing every day tasks
               - Can be overwhelming (depending on amount)

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391055886.353463.jpg this is all I need and I'm buzzin. keeps me happy lol :)

6. hahaha, I'm bored get off my case

damn man you should practice your rolling - you could be using much less paper than that and can make it tighter 

8. [quote name="IvGotMilk" post="19433024" timestamp="1391056572"]damn man you should practice your rolling - you could be using much less paper than that and can make it tighter [/quote]really? I'm open to help I'm pretty new to rolling. I just use the normal cigarette papers. u rekon cut the paper so it's smaller and try roll tighter?

I typed out a paragraph explaining how to roll but it was harder than I thought to put visions and movements into words lol just go onto youtube - the trick is to keep the paper tight and roll the paper around the bud, don't just flip it over and lick it. It's harder with bone dry bud as you can't maintain the long sausage shape of bud to roll the skin around

practice the tuck and roll part with a skin and a pencil 

10. [quote name="IvGotMilk" post="19433153" timestamp="1391057759"]I typed out a paragraph explaining how to roll but it was harder than I thought to put visions and movements into words lol just go onto youtube - the trick is to keep the paper tight and roll the paper around the bud, don't just flip it over and lick it. It's harder with bone dry bud as you can't maintain the long sausage shape of bud to roll the skin aroundpractice the tuck and roll part with a skin and a pencil [/quote]I'll cut the paper smaller and try roll one tighter next time

11. I love having a reasonable tolerance, I had friends who can handle smoking more but I do pretty well, it's not really that I don't get stoned from smoking one joint, I just know what I'm doing, how to control myself and when to stop.

A lot of people just smoke as much as possible for the sake of it but after 5 js they'll be feeling horrible because they smoked them so quickly, while I could easily smoke 5 js over the space of 2/3 hours and feel good.

2 of them and i am baked for a few hours. i have a low tolerance mainly cause i dont build up what i smoke each time, i tend to smoke just a pinner (a little bit bigger than your joint) lately. im off work tomorrow so im probably gonna get an eighth and roll a few joints so i can wake n bake and shit like that

13. Well after smoking for 11 years having a high tolerance sucks ass it cost way more to achieve the same highs.

14. [quote name="msx952" post="19434532" timestamp="1391085742"]2 of them and i am baked for a few hours. i have a low tolerance mainly cause i dont build up what i smoke each time, i tend to smoke just a pinner (a little bit bigger than your joint) lately. im off work tomorrow so im probably gonna get an eighth and roll a few joints so i can wake n bake and shit like that[/quote] yeh bro nice, I smoke a qtr oz over 2 weeks or so then take like a week break every time. that probably explains why one of those atm get me buzzin pretty good. can't smoke tonight, but I can on the weekend! Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #16 Mr.. Rager, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    Having a low tolerance is badass. I took like a 6 month tolerance break and worked out a lot, now I'm starting to smoke again and it does not take much at all.