Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High Tolerance?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sunnyvalesmoker, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Hey everyone! I've been smoking for a little over 3 years now. When I first started I would smoke maybe once a weekend or every other weekend. Then I started smoking once or twice a weekend. That routine stayed for a good while, then during vacations from school I would smoke almost every single day. Sometimes I would try to take tolerance breaks ranging from 4-8 weeks.

Now, about a few months ago I noticed that I have not been high in a long time. I have been smoking, but I don't get high. I get slight munchies, mini-body high, clouded thinking and i get burnt out at the end. But I don't get the same feelings I did at the beginning of my smoking career. And eating edibles is a waste of money because they haven't worked for a long time now.

Whats the best way to fix this (assuming its a tolerance problem)? Also keep in mind, I never smoked too much. I used to get STONED with about 2-3 hits off a pipe. I've never smoked more than maybe 3/4 of a gram to myself, either. How much time is the ideal time to take a break from smoking until the tolerance returns to levels where I can get high again? Any other tips, or suggestions?

:smoking:

2. Try a different, more potent strain than that which you are smoking right now.

The chemical ratios in a different strain should make you high again. :wave:

3. I wish it was that easy. The weed I get is almost always different, and almost always DANK. I still do not get as high as i used to. Just a buzz.

4. I had the same exp dude.
    try using a bong. I learned that huge amount of smoke goin in ur lung all at the same time does the trick. oh and cough if u have to.

5. Maybe a T Break should be in order. Lots of fluids, exercise, and those cranberry extract pills from the GNC work good to pee everything out. I'm surprised nobody mentions those, they helped me lower my tolerance in just 1 1/2 weeks.

6. #6 Zooloo, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Try this out. Or maybe a Niacin purge. Drink Plenty of water.

What have you been smoking as of late?

From reading what you have described, it sounds like you've been smoking a lot of Indica. This is the preferred strain that commercial growers sell because of its shorter flowering times. Maybe a switch to more Sativa genetics would help.

7. #7 sunnyvalesmoker, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Thanks so much for your replies.

The cranberry extract pills intrigue me, could you tell me more about them?

Also, I read a lot about taking niacin to reduce tolerance. Could someone give me information about niacin, googling it provides shady results. How much niacin should I take? How often? For how long?

Also, I have used a bong. Recently, too. Method of smoking does not seem to be the solution. I smoke joints, blunts, reverse gravity bongs, regular gravity bongs, bongs, pipes, bubblers, gas mask. All yield the same results.

EDIT: also, a quick search on extract pills and niacin i this forum leads me to people saying that these flush out toxins from your body but do NOT reduce tolerance.

SS

8. This is true of Niacin. From what I know, it sweats toxins out of your body, which IMHO is not how you get rid of THC in your system. However, cranberries are known to make you urinate more frequently, which in turn, will rid the THC from your system much more quickly. Cranberry pills are just concentrated cranberries, which is much more effective than cranberry juice. This is just a simple theory, if anyone has any info on this topic, feel free to drop some insight.

9. Tons and tons of exercise

Just biking a little bit per day has DRAMATICALLY lowered my tolerance from requiring about 3 bowls of dank to feel even a buzz down to half a bowl to get stoned.
    :]