High Times Cannabis Cup 2013, to be held in Denver, CO.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by azcactus, Jan 17, 2013.

1. #1 azcactus, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
    April 20-21, 2013, a Saturday and Sunday. Just read about it online. Sounds pretty cool and only 600 miles to drive.

This is the same one, High Times Cannabis Challenge, that has been held in Amsterdam for the past 25 years.

Hope the smokers make a great impression and do more positive than negative things.

2. HOLY SHIT !!!

RRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAADDDDDD TTTTTRRRRRRRIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM DRIVING!!!i

3. What exactly do you do there? Just smoke pot? If so, count me in!

4. #5 azcactus, Jan 17, 2013
    Read the link, but yes, that's one of the things they do. Start trying to get rooms/lodging now.

5. We should set up a grasscity meetup!

6. I wanna goooo!!! But I'm not 21 :/

7. This is not the first cannabis cup in the US. Their was one in Seattle of 2012. I also believe that their has been one in California but not 100% sure.

Wgg

http://hightimes.com/video/ht_admin/7914

8. From the article dated 1/16./2013, that I guess you didn't bother reading.

High Times is bringing its Cannabis Cup competition for recreational marijuana to Denver April 20-21, the first time the event has been held in the United States. For the past 25 years, it's taken place in pot-friendly Amsterdam, where coffee shop owners and seed manufacturers compete for the title of Best Bud in The Netherlands.

But Colorado is now more liberal about marijuana than even Amsterdam - where it's illegal to grow pot in the Netherlands, it's a constitutional right in Colorado. With the passage of Amendment 64 in November, adults 21 and older can possess up to an ounce of pot, grow a limited number of plants and smoke weed with virtual impunity, as long as it's in private.

Read more: High Times' Cannabis Cup to be held in U.S. for first time | The Daily Caller

9. damn i might have to take a trip out to CO on 420 weekend:smoking:

10. Do you have to be a Colorado resident to go? Lmao

11. Your point is?? Recreational or medical it is still not the first cannabis cup in the us. No need to get all buthurt man Im just sayin..

WGG

12. ... never thought id say this but thank god i live in Kansas. Road trip for sure.

13. #14 azcactus, Jan 17, 2013
    I understand what you are saying. You are saying that this is not the first time the High Times Cannabis Cup, traditionally held in Amsterdam for the past 25 years, has in fact not been held there for the past 25 years, because it has been held in the US before. Correct?

My butt doesn't hurt unless I got huge pieces of feces doing the slow crawl out my ass.

excerpt from the article in the link I posted earlier.

"High Times has run a medical-strain competition here for the past three years. The only real difference for this year’s event is that anyone 21 and older can attend and smoke. Previously, only qualified medical patients could sample the entries.

The Cannabis Cup will be held on April 20, the day in which tokers the world over light up in solidarity at 4:20 p.m. In Colorado and Washington, this year’s gatherings are more likely to celebrate their historic laws, even though in both states, 4/20’s entire point — smoking in public — remains illegal."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/16/h...-be-held-in-u-s-for-first-time/#ixzz2IFbj9OWj

14. Fuxkkk i live in WA they should of done it here like hempfest !!!! Fuckkkk

Booking a flight tomorrow lol

15. Fuck yeah! Ill see you all there in April :D

16. I liver maryland. If anyone is going on a road trip and is willing to give me a ride i would really appreciate it greatly. Ill pitch in for gas no doubt. Carpool anyone? GC :smoke::D

17. Road trip. cya there,,if the creek don't rise.

18. HIGH Times did the medical cannabis cup in san fran a couple years ago.

19. Ill be there for sure. finally rec use in USA