High Times 1977 Top 40 Strains

Discussion in 'General' started by IsItLegalYet, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Look at this ditch weed. No wonder cannabis is sometimes referred to as "grass." These are lawn clippings compared to what the Average Joe can do with some closet space and a couple CFLs nowadays.

Attached Files:

2. the only difference is they didn't groom em as nice as they do now and it's not so easily available

3. holy shit, that's wierd

4. I'm glad I've never heard of Oaxacan before.

Look at all those seeds :eek:

Next time I get regs imma be like "THIS SOME OAXACAN. RARE ASS LEGENDARY WEED FROM THE 70'S! 40 A GRAM!!"

5. It's not that hard to grow a batch w/o seeds. I wish I had some Oaxacan, I bet that shit is dank as hell when grown right.

I just wish we had all these strains, I'd love to see what a legit purple haze grown by the finest would look like.

6. ive seen this high times article on the city alot

7. yeah, but i love how different they look. i like the look of thoe more

8. Oaxaca? thats where my grandpa is from! he did tell me about his little garden in mexico...

9. Oaxacan was nice weed,one my fav's in those days. Big ounces of fluffy light green bud for 25 bucks a zip. Had a real nice up high w/o any couchlock whatsoever.

A lot of today's strains have Oaxacan genetics,especially the Haze strains.

Man,I miss that Oaxacan. I still see it a couple of times a year selling as "regs". The guys selling it have no idea what it is. A lot of the old Mexican strains are out there as regs. They're the "good Mexican regs" that get you giggly and feeling nice after 3 hits.

All of that stuff is landrace Sativa,before Indica genetics became widespread in the Western Hemisphere. Indica genetics and Colcichine produced Sativa polyploids were just hitting the Stateside homegrowing scene in '77,producing dense fat buds.

10. Can anyone tell me the issue from 7 7 this is from